Chapter 26: In an alternative universe

--Jaime's Pov--

"Jaime!" my mom yelled and I sighed as I made my way down to the kitchen. 

"There you are." she said and smiled while she turned a pancake upside down in her pan. I eyed my brother Max that was sitting by the table eating pancakes with a fork in his right hand while reading his math book in the other. 

"Dude? Really?" I asked him unbelievable. He shrugged and put down the book.

"I don't see why no'" he said in a fake British accent. 

"The hell dude, just speak American you bastard." I said and then Teressa came into the kitchen playing on her phone.

"Well, here comes miss Social." I said while sitting beside my nerd brother. 

"Oh, coming from you that spent over eight hours playing computer games." I rolled my eyes and my mom laughed.

"Oh. Stop fighting on a Friday." she said and we all murmured,

"Yeah... yes."

Then someone rang the bell and a door opened. After a few seconds Alex came into the room grinning as she stopped in front of Max, placing her hands on his shoulders while she hugged him from behind and planted a kiss on the top of his head.

"Hey there, you geek." she said and then he turned his face toward her, smiling.

"Hey! I bet that you're more geeky than me." he said and then closed his eyes while he kissed her. 

"Uh, not that I'm not happy for you guys, but there are others in this room..." I started but the both of them totally ignored me. As usual. 

"Oh god, don't get to third base in the kitchen surrounded by other males. It could get pretty nasty." I could barely finish the sentence before Alex eyed me with a bitch face. 

"Says the virgin." Alex said which made me take a step back, but then I crossed my arms.

"Hey, I have a girlfriend actually." 

"Oh yeah. What's her name again? Annie?"

"Angeline, actually." Alex nodded and then sat down in Max's lap.

"Then why haven't we met her?"

"Yes Jaime, why haven't we?" mom interrupted our conversation and I put on a smug smile.

"Because I feel that she's the one and that introducing you to her should be perfect." mom clasped her hands and smiled while Max turned toward me shaking his head.

"Yeah I don't buy that." he simply said while Alex nodded in agreement.

"Fine. I will bring her today. Mom, could you fix a dinner?" mom looked offended while I said those words.

"I'm not your housekeeper, I'm your mother." she said annoyed.

"Same thing." I said but a sharp vulture look made me murmur,

"Nothing."

"Could you bring her home at three?" mom asked and I sighed.

"Yeah, sure." I said and then I continued on by eating the food.

When we reached the lockers in our school with Max beside I grabbed his arm and he gave me a questionable look.

"What?" he asked and I let go of him.

"I need you to cover for me." I said and Max frowned.

"For what?"

"Please." was all I said and he nodded.