Chapter 17: A little car trip

--Max's pov--

I walked down the street toward home full of guilt. I had lied to Angeline and now I was afraid that what we had before wouldn't come back. With my hands in my pockets I finally saw my house.

As I was about to walk over to the other side of the street a white limo appered in front of me. With a shrugg I kept Walking but the white limo stopped beside me. What the...? I watched as one of the limo's dark windows rolled down. I stepped closer curious who it could be. A man in his mid thirties gazed me sceptical and I raised my eyebrows. He had black short hair, a mustage, gray Eyes and a black office suit. I hadn't seen this man in my entire Life.

"Excuse me, do I know you?" I asked the guy who eyed me intensly.

"Well, I'm afraid not. My name's Fredrick. But you can call me Fred. Come on in and join me." he said and my Eyes widened. Was this guy nuts? I didn't knew the guy and he wanted me to take a ride with him?

"No thanks, I Think I'll pass, but. Is there something particular you would like to tell me?" I asked him trying my best not to sound rude.

"Well, in matter of fact I do. Please Max, join me. I won't bite." the man said and grinned. What? Did everyone know about me and Jaime? I bit my lip uncertain what to do. But after a few seconds of thinking I decided to play dumb.

"I'm sorry. But I don't know what you're talking about, and besides, I don't take rides with strangers." I said determinated.

"Really? Me? A stranger?" the guy then started to laugh.

"Please. Didn't Ryan tell you about me? I'm Mr. Micklesson's left hand." Fred said and I just gazed him suspiciously.

"Oh come on Max, stop playing that silly game and just jump in. There are things we need to discusse." Fred said slightly impatient. I gazed him for one more minute before I gave in and jumped into the limo and slammed the door.

"So. Tell me Max. How are you?" Fred said as the limo drove of the sidewalk.

"Um... good." I said feeling slightly uncomfterble. Fred nodded and smirked.

 "So... lets get back to buisness" Right as he said that, my phone rang. I pulled out my phone to see that it was Jaime.

"Oh, is it Jaime Calling?" Fred asked and I nodded.

"Isn't it rude to let a phone call interupt a... meeting." Fred said eying me. I stared down at the display.

"I suppsose..." I said and clicked on the decline button. I didn't want to talk with Jaime with that guy listening so I just figured it would be better if I just ignored his call.

"By the way..." Fred said scratching his mustage.

"Could I take a look at your phone?" I gazed him mostly confused.

"Why?" I asked sucpisious. He grinned.

"Please." Fred said instead. I gazed him puzzled for one more minute Before I gave up and handed him the phone. He took the phone and studied it as it would be some delicate art piece.

"Uh, it's just a Nokia.." I said and Fred seemed to wake up from his trance.

"Oh, sorry." he apoligized and handed back my phone.

"I haven't seen those phones in years. Makes you wonder why they stopped Selling these..." A vibration interupted him and he pulled out his phone from his jacket pocket and studied the display. Then he started writing something on the phone. I turned my gaze toward the window and tried to figure out where the limo were going.