Chapter 1- Unusually Connected

This is technically a fanfiction, but it is not written like one. Instead, it's written from a first person perspective—Felicity Smoak. This fanfiction is based off of the show "Arrow", but you don't have to know the comics or watch the show to read this book, although it may be a little easier to understand the characters. Thanks and enjoy! :)

I just wish someone would finally notice; notice enough to actually help me. Someone that'll always be there for me. And someone who I can count on all of the time.

But none of my coworkers seem to notice when I pop that pill or take a sip of my strange smelling water. Not even my boss, who would call me down to his office for occasional help with his tablet or computer. I was always within breath smelling distance, but he never seemed to notice either. Or maybe everyone ignored me on purpose?

These were my daily thoughts while I finished my I.T work earlier than everyone else. I pretended not to be smarter than them, and acted like I was still working on my assignment, but usually I'd just fiddle around with emails or readings. Sometimes I'd even go over my work for the next day, but most times I get too ahead so I dont do that too often. And nobody ever notices my potential either; maybe because I tend to hide it, but still.

With my shift ending, I decided to call it quits earlier today. Heading down to Mr.Queens office, I catch a glimpse of a drugstore from across the street, and a thought filled my head. Maybe its time to fill my "prescription" again. In reality, they were my moms, but I'd pick them up pretending to be her. Shes dead, so its pretty easy to pretend to be her.

When I arrived in Mr. Queens office, he was turned around, facing the opposite direction. He obviously didn't hear me coming down the hallway, even with my loud heels, because he was still noticeably arguing on the phone. He mentioned something about his nights, although when he said it he lowered it to a whisper. Then, he raised his voice again and in the brief pause when he listened to the person on the other end of the line speak, I heard something strange.

"You dont know what ive been through. People dont just go and do it, they have a reason." It was a womans voice, who sounded just as distraught as he did. It was so faint that I could barely hear, but I had a feeling she was like me. I decided to not listen anymore.

I knocked, and the second he heard me, he said, "Listen, we'll talk later, I really have to go." With that, he put his phone down and sat up straight, acting professional once again. "Yes, Mrs. Smoak?"

"I've finished my assignment, is it okay if I head home a little early?" I said softly, knowing that he was already in a bad mood.

He sighed, taking a moment to think, "Yes."

I nodded with a smile, and started walking out the door. I already had all of my belongings with me, and I had already put my work stuff in my locker.

It was dark, as usual, and as I was heading to my car, I heard a familiar voice calling my name. At first I thought it was a minor hallucination, and I ignored it the best I could, popping another pill into my thirsty mouth, taking a sip of vodka to wash it down. But when I felt a hand on my shoulder I snapped backwards to see who it was so quickly that I fell and my purse landed about a foot away. I looked up to see my boss casually walking over to my purse to pick up what had fallen out. Thank god I had my handy water bottle to disguise the vodka that was actually inside of it. But then I remembered I had another three bottles of vodka in my very oversized purse, and when I heard clinking and a zipper, I knew they had fallen out. Suddenly, all of those feelings of loneliness and wanting to be noticed faded away, and my heart pounded inside my chest so hard I thought he could see the vein on my neck throbbing.