Chapter 23- The Sweet Escape

Oliver doesn't know this yet, but the man he knows is the murderer responsible for all of those suicide videos, is also my father.

"Why are they approaching us," I hear Oliver whisper.

The black car glistens from the street lights as both Donny and my father exit it.

"What the hell?! I thought you said you wanted to start over. I thought you wanted to do better this time," I yell at my father, but I make sure not to say the word dad or father or anything.

I can see Oliver look back and fourth between me and the men. He's confused, which is to be assumed.

"I am!!" My father pauses, and weirdly looks at Donny and then back toward me. "He's been telling me how great you guys have been lately. And that you had a child!! I would love to meet her. Donny says we can all have lunch together tomorrow, as a family. And we ca—"

I cut my father off. His words are making me want to scream no over and over.

"Jesus christ, dad." I lose it, not even giving a crap about what Oliver thinks in the moment. "Do you not see? Oh my god how blind are you? For someone who kills women and stalks them, you should know your info by now. I cant beli—" I get cut off this time.

"Woah, Felicity," Oliver whispers.

"What do you mean KILLS?" My father lurches toward me and Donny follows him.

Oliver throws me behind him. I try to read everyones body language. Donny looks aggressive, as per usual. My father looks astonished, in a bad way. And Oliver, he looks slightly hurt.

I did hide the fact that my father is the killer. Ive hidden a lot from him.

"And Donny, what the hell are you thinking, trying to fool me into hurting my daughter. No way in hell a—" My father blurts out, but Oliver cuts him off.

"Okay, enough!" He yells, and then wraps his arm around me and leads me away from them.

I look over Oliver's shoulder and I see Donny and my father get into the car together.

For someone who was just yelling at Donny because he lied to him, he sure doesn't look mad.

My heart races in search for an answer. He says he wants me but when I get near him he ignores me; he backs away.

Oliver leads me back to the mansion cautiously. He looks over his shoulder every 3 seconds and hurries me along the sidewalk. We get inside and everybody is still sleeping.

Jen and Emma are in my room so I go to Oliver's room with him. I keep my clothes on this time, and he does too.

I face away from Oliver at first, I'm worried about what hes thinking. What if he wants nothing to do with me now. My fathers a monster, what if I am too?

"Felicity," Oliver whispers, and touches my arm softly.

I roll over and his gaze latches onto mine.

"Do you wanna talk about it?" He says softly.

"I dont know. I just wanna know what you are thinking," I say back.