Chapter 24- Dreamless/I wont give up

"This is the second time that shes relapsed?" I hear the doctor say.

"Yeah. I think we had a different doctor last time. I cant remember her name though," Oliver remarks.

"Is there any personal reason that she would keep relapsing," The doctor asks.

My heart skips a beat as I wait for Olivers response. I hear a beep on the machine and they both look over at me.

Oliver looks to the doctor and then back at me before approaching me.

A hot tear rolls down my cheek and I wipe it away very quickly. I catch a glimpse of my hand, which now has a smear of blood on it. My eyes are bleeding tears?

"What the hell!? Uhm? You see this! What's wrong!!" I say, pleading for the doctor to do something.

Oliver pins my arms down and forces me to be still. "It's just a tear," he says.

"Im bleeding!!" I yell, desperation slipping through my teeth.

"No, you're not," Oliver says so softly and calmly that I believe him.

"You're hallucinating," The doctor says, and adds it to the sheet on the clipboard.

I feel my face start to heat up with embarrassment.

"Felicity, what happened? You were doing so good.." Oliver says, and lets his voice trail off and he drops his eyes to my hands.

Talking about my feelings has always been something I suck at. I'll tell you if im excited or happy, but if Im sad or stressed I usually wont say a word. It feels weird to me. My feelings are my feelings why would I express them so openly. It makes me feel vulnerable and like im crying for attention.

"Im just sick of it," I decide to say. "Im honestly so sick of everything. Why couldn't they just leave me alone."

"Who..?" The doctor cuts in, like some cop slash phycologist.

"Nobody," I say kind of rudely so that they get the hint.

The doctor turns away and scribbles something onto the page and stands there awkwardly.

I look at Oliver, feeling irritable.

Oliver gets the hint and turns to the doctor, "Can we have a minute."

The doctor leaves and Oliver sits on the bed. He grabs my hand slowly, as if he was scared of me.

I look up at his watery eyes.

"Oliver, you know I dont do it intentionally, I dont mean to hurt you." I pause, and close my eyes slowly for a moment to rest. I continue, "I try so hard not to. But its so hard when its all I can think about sometimes. I had a great night last night.. but then I woke up. I was alone and–"

"Felicity," Oliver cuts me off. "You aren't alone. You weren't ever alone. Im always here for you. And so is Thea. And your sister–"

"My sister is sometimes. Do you see her here now? Right now, when I need her the most, shes not here. Shes probably at the mansion packing her bags and taking my daughter before I can even say bye."

Oliver is searching for words. His nerves show through his facial features as he squeezes my hand.

Suddenly, the hallway is sprung with noise as gunshots fill the hallway.

"Play dead," Oliver demands.

"What!"

"Just do it," He replies. Covering my head with the blankets and putting the bed down flat, he crawls under the bed and waits.

I can hear the men come into the room. They scatter throughout the room and sigh as they lift up the covers. I instantly clench my body. One man leans over and touches the side of my neck.

"She's got a pulse," the one man says. I feel grabbing at my feet and another grabs my middle.

I shoot up straight, trying to fight them off. Oliver doesn't do anything. It's like he's gone.. or wasn't ever there in the first place.

I kick and scream, lashing out at the men. Their faces are strangely familiar, and they're covered in see-through black masks.

One gets extremely close to my face and starts lightly shaking me.

Why the hell would they do that...

They calmly place a hand over my head, yet frantically shake me.

I'm still frantic too..

Then my body goes limp. I've been drugged, definitely. I close my eyes for 3 seconds, and when I open them, I'm back in Oliver's bed. He's propped over me, shaking me. In the corner of my eye I can see Thea, standing beside the bed with a glass of water and a sad look on her face.

I cant feel my body for a while. I cant talk, cant move.

My face stays expressionless and my eyes wide as I listen to Oliver's cries.

Thea finally decides to throw the water on my face.

I can feel it this time, like a waterfall of ice splitting my face in two.

My body clenches and Oliver rolls off of me. I succeed in raising my arm an inch or two off of the bed, and I try to speak.

"UHNMF," Is what comes out of my mouth. I'm not 100% sure what I even tried to say, but it definitely wasn't that.

My eyes grow wider as I see Oliver and Thea share a strange glance.

I sit up and sit back to the headboard of the bed. Thea sits on the bed and they both stare at me, waiting for me to do something.

"How...." I test out what I want to say first. I continue, "How long.. was I like.. that?" It comes out more like a hoarse whisper than a normal voice.

"Not sure. Half an hour, maybe?" Oliver looks at Thea to confirm, and she nods.

"And nobody thought to call an ambulance," I ask, feeling a little bewildered.

"Well, not really. We were going to, but.."

"You're okay," Thea says finally.

I take a deep breath, preparing myself to ask questions. "Was I here all night? Nothing happened?"

"What?! Nothing happened, Fel-ici-ty," Oliver sounds disturbed, and grabs my hand for comfort.

"Oh," I say, feeling grateful that I did not make that mistake. That I wasnt in trouble.

But one question still lingers in the back of my head. How am I supposed to know if I actually took the pills or if it was part of the dream?!

Yes I realize that I havent posted in a while im sorry. I hv a ton of stuff going on at school recently so bare with me please im trying my best :)