Chapter 12- Romanticism

We decide to head back to Laurels house. Its not an obvious choice, most people would probably think Id stay with Oliver or family because he's my boss and hes rich. whatever.

Her apartment is nice, nothing too fancy but its definitely not a dump.

"Unfortunately I don't have an extra bed but I can either set up the air mattress for you and you can sleep beside my bed or i can sleep on the couch and you can sleep in my bed or on the mattress or whatever. Its up to you. " Laurel says, waiting for my answer.

"Uh, mattress beside your bed?" I say, knowing Id feel the safest there.

"Alright," She says and is just about to get the mattress when theres a knock on the door.

I give her a weird look and she reassures me in return.

She looks through the peephole and opens the door as far as the lock will allow her. "Yes?" Laurel says, almost in a whisper tone.

I cant tell who is at the door, but I can see a green shoe.

I hear her say a bunch of "yes" and "no" answers as if shes trying to quicken the conversation.

I never get to see who was on the other side of the door, and within another few minutes Laurel closes the door.

"Who was that?" I say, not allowing her to brush me off.

"What?" She says, and pauses realizing her mistake. "Oh, yeah that was just the landlord. My bills a little late. I get paid tomorrow so its okay. Don't worry." Laurel finishes and walks past me to get the mattress. She pulls it out of the closet and sighs heavily.

"I have to go to Cosco to pick up a cap for the mattress. Are you okay here for a little while?"

"Uh, Sure." I say, sending her a reassuring smile.

"Alright?" She says, picking up her purse and heading out rather quickly.

Im left in silence.

I sit on the couch and turn the T.V on— the news channel. The same woman I seen at Olivers house when we watched the news the night I got out is on the screen.

I read the headlines, and one of them pops out at me; Thea Queen, safe and sound. FELICITY SMOAK recovering.

They finally put my actual name instead of "Queen Consolidated Co-Worker". A smile grows on my face and theres a knock at the door.

I dont know what to do at first, so I pause the TV to make it seem like nobody is home.

After roughly 30 seconds, I decide that if its important they'll still be waiting.

I cautiously walk up to the door, memories and thoughts of Donny flying in my mind.

I wait at the door for a while, too, before piling up the courage to look through the peep hole.

Its Oliver.

I open the door without planning what to say.

He smiles, and I smile back.

I open the door wider, stepping backwards and allowing him to step inside.