Chapter 9-Unsettling Memories

I wonder where the green arrow is. Surely he knows where I am, so why won't he come?

I hear an alarm go off down the hall and check the alarm clock next to me for the time.

5:30 a.m.

It hadn't occured to me to realize that Im laying in a millionaires guest room, in a famous house, with famous people. It also hadn't occurred to me that Im laying in a bed, awake at 5:30, staring off into space; until now.

I'm boarder line wanting to go and see who is up because I'm starving.

When I round the corner, I see both Thea and Oliver sneaking around. I hear them whispering, but can't make out what they're saying. And then Oliver raises his voice, "Thea, quiet down she could be a light sleeper." There is a pause and I cant make out what Thea says, but then Oliver speaks louder again. "We cant risk her finding out all because we wanted to protect her! Now quiet down!"

I step out of my room a little more, so that they can see me, but quickly realize how rude it would be to interrupt and ask for things at someone else's house.

I turn around and try my best to quietly get back into my room when I hear my name being called. Great.

I turn back around and Thea jogs over to me after sending a look to Oliver.

"Hey, um, how much of that did you hear," She says, her voice has a unique tone to it.

I decide to plan out my words carefully, "Nothing. Dont worry. Even if I did, I'm not the type to spread rumours anyways." I say, loud enough for Oliver to hear. I want him to trust me some day. Enough to tell me what he was just talking about. Enough to not have to hide anything from me.

"Alright," Thea says and turns around.

"Uh, Thea?" I say before she can walk away. "Got any snacks?"  I smile lightly and she does too.

"Yeah," She says and I follow her down the hall, past Oliver to the kitchen.

"Help yourself," She says, and extends her arm before heading back upstairs.

I watch as Oliver and Thea scurry around the house again.

I really wish I could go to my apartment to get a few things.

I reach in the fridge for a cold waterbottle and somehow manage to knock over the carton of eggs, cracking nearly half of them on the floor.

"Shit," I whisper under my breath, dragging it out a little.

"Never took you for the swearing type," Oliver says and gives a smirk along with his comment.

I smile awkwardly, half startled and half happy that he even came down here when he was obviously busy trying to do something else.

"Whats the hurry around here at 6 a.m?" I say in a teasing tone.

Oliver grabs a bunch of paper towel and takes a while to respond. "We just like to get up early," He says.

I decide to leave it at that and change the subject.

He hands me a glob of paper towel and we both get down on our hands and knees to clean up the mess I made.

This reminded me of when I had to clean up spills the next morning after a long night of constant drinking. I paused, closed my eyes and tilted my head down to try to remember exactly what it felt like to be wasted. For some people, its a good feeling, but for me its in between good and bad. It was almost like I was punishing myself, forcing myself to keep drinking, but then I liked it so much that when I wasn't drinking, the only thing that I wanted to do was drink some more.