Chapter 5-Shivers

I tried my best to avoid Donnys gaze. Every single wall had some sort of stain on it. The walls were concrete, and a tarnished copper colour was soaked into parts of each wall. My mind drifted to theorize everything. I knew the copper was blood. I looked behind me slowly, making sure to observe everyone.

I thought I was alone but there was another woman behind me. Pieces of her clothig were removed. Her shoes were gone, revealing her expensive looking socks— if thats even a thing. Her pants were still on and so was her top, but when I looked at her neck she had a red ring around it. Below the red ring was a necklace. Diamonds were missing from it, but some were still present. She raised her face and a chill ran through me when I recognized her.

The woman who had approached me in the locker room asking for Oliver. I tried to remember the conversation that she had with Oliver.

Shes his sister. Oh my god. Thea queen is locked up here and beaten because of me.

I felt an excruciatingly strong pull on my hair and neck as I was jolted to look forward again.

"Recognize her?" Donny said, this time wearing a handkerchief on his face. It was on his nose and covering nearly everything but his eyes.

He didn't want Thea to know who he was..

I looked back at her and made sure she was listening. "Thea," I said and waited until she had a flicker of recognition on her face. "Thea, in case you get out of here this mans name is Donny Thom-" I shouted loud and clear so that she could hear me. I was able to say his complete name before I was jolted to face him again.

But instead of moving us into different rooms or hurting me or something, he turned me to face her.

He put us about two feet in front of each other. So close to eachother that I could smell her perfume.

And then his punishment came. I thought it wasnt going to come at first, because I seen him go behind me and heard a door close. For a moment I thought he was gone. But then I felt a cold metal against my neck and before I could even think, he lifted it into the air and plunged it into my thigh.

I screamed out in agony and tears streamed out of my closed eyes and down my numb face.

I squirmed in my chair, trying to somehow make it go away or escape or something.

After a few minutes I opened my eyes and noticed that Donny was gone. I looked behind me. It was just me and Thea.

She looked terrified, and Im sure that I did too.

"You okay," I said, hopping that she didn't blame me for this.

She dropped her gaze to my bloody thigh and then back up to me. Avoiding my question, she spoke slowly, "Maybe I can... get it out." She said, waiting for my response.

I looked down at the knife and nodded. "Try not to drop it though, maybe we can get out?" I said, questioning her ability.

She nodded and turned her chair so that her back was facing me. She got as close as she could and struggled to get her tied hands to reach out enough to grab the knife. 

I tried to stand a little, but the awkward position I was in made it hard. The ropes on my hands pulled the chair downwards and I couldn't stand properly.

I moaned in agony as I felt her hand grip around the handle of the knife, causing it to shift.

"Hang on," She said. After a few seconds I felt another rush of adrenaline and agony along with it.

"Oh thank god. Ok try to cut yourself out."

We sat in silence for the next five minutes. The only sounds were those outside of the walls and the scraping of the knife against the rope.

I sighed in relief when I heard the final rip of the rope and her hands were free. She placed the knife in my hand as she untied her legs and I tried to cut my hands out.

The ropes weren't tied very well because she was able to untie her legs in seconds. She started at mine carefully and got me free too, then helped me with my hands.

"Now what," She said, as if I were some type of escape artist.

"Uh I don't know, escape?" I said, not meaning for that to sound as sarcastic as it did.

We both headed for the door but of course it was locked.

There was no other way out. The ceiling was too high up to reach in case we were somehow able to punch it in. There was no other doors or windows. We were screwed.

"At least were not totally helpless anymore," Thea said.

We sat on the dirty floor for a very, very long time.

"Okay how long does he expect well survive down here?" She said.

"What if he doesn't."

We were both silent for a while after that, but I couldn't help not apologizing. "Listen, Thea. Im sorry. This is all my fault that you're here. You should be at home with Oliver eating fillet mignon, not locked up a nut's dungeon."

"How is this your fault?"

"Donny was my fiancée. A long time ago. Don't tell anyone, I have a daughter. She doesn't live with me though. Shes 8. She lives with my sister because I knew she wouldn't be safe with me. I shouldn't ever have gotten a job. I shouldn't have let anyone get close to me. I know you're not close to me but I work in your brothers building so I guess.. I don't know—"

Thea cut me off, "Felicity," she said, lengthening her arm around me in a comforting action.

I felt another gut wrenching pain in my abdomen. I leaned forward, clenching my stomach.

I was sent into a shiver when I heard my own screams of pain. From nowhere, I coughed up blood. Real blood. Coming from somewhere inside me and out my mouth.

I looked at Thea, who looked terrified.

I knew exactly what this was.

Today's a snow day so I don't have school which means Ill be updating! :)