Chapter 11-Closed doors

That was a shitty move. Now if something is wrong I cant contact Thea, Oliver or Laurel. Not that I would have contacted Laurel before, but whatever.

I stand in broad daylight, in expensive pyjamas, waiting for the light to go green so that the sidewalk thing will let me go.

I know I look like an idiot, and I try so hard not to turn my head when I hear someone walk up beside me.

The curiosity of the identity the person brave enough to walk up beside a tired, drunk looking blonde in pyjamas rises so much that I cant help myself. I turn around, first looking at the persons shoes.

They're wearing sandals, their toenails are painted blue. I quickly raise my head to see who it is.

Laurel stands behind me, looking surprisingly... relieved?

"Good. You haven't wandered far. Have you not stopped to think that the first place a killer might go is scouting through the streets? You stand out like a clown on stilts. We can go to your place, I will go in with you, and we can grab whatever and then go to either my apartment or back to the mansion. Sound good?" Laurel says, like she had been planning it for days.

"Okay," I say and follow Laurel to her car, parked just down the street.

The drive is slow and agonizing, and we sit in silence for the most part.

We arrive, I grab my key bla bla bla.

I totally forgot that she is going to see the inside of my empty vodka bottled, messy house.

I block the door before I unlock it. "Before you say anything, I want you to know that this isnt me anymore. I mean it probably would've been, but... not anymore," I say nervously.

"Felicity, dont worry I know what its going to look like I went through this, too." She says and gives me a reassuring smile.

Okay. I can do this.

I walk in, leading the way through my house, tiptoeing over broken bottles and spilt drinks.

Laurel looks a little more shocked than I originally thought she would.

"I thought you said not to worry?!" I say, looking back at her sad eyes.

"No no. Its just, its a um. A little worse than I anticipated? And it kind of brings back memories," Laurel says.

I look away, and at the same time, from the corner of my eye, I see her hand rise to her face and swipe a tear, as I can assume, away.

I try to change the subject, "Okay I just need some clothes and stuff. Do you mind going in the fridge and getting my money? Its in the bucket thing." I say, pointing my hand back and waving it. "Wait— forget that," I remember that its probably best if she doesn't go in there.

When I turn around, there she is, opening the fridge anyways. Her body stiffens up and she is totally overcome by an emotion that I cant quite place.

"Laurel?" I say, walking over to her.

"Yeah, yeah, yeah," She says, raising her upper body out of the fridge and to the height of mine.

I give her the ? look and she gives. "I dont know I guess. Look in the fridge. The first thing that you see, thats what I used, too."

I lower my head into the fridge. Pills.

"Oh," I say, wanting so badly to take just one.

My throat wants to feel something hard and whole being forced down it.

Its a nice feeling. I miss it.

"Do you have any gummies?" Laurel says.

"Uh?" I say, confused. "Yeah. Top left cupboard. They are there somewhere."

She reaches in the cupboard and opens a package of gummies, handing them to me.

I dont take them, and I let my face show my confusion.

"Just eat them." She says, shoving them in my hand.

I take a gummy out, eyeing her cautiously. I pop it in my mouth and start chewing.

"No, don't chew. Just swallow," she paused, and waited for me. But when I still didnt do it, her breath hitched and then she forced out her explanation, "it helped me. When I was trying to be sober. People think you only want them because of the high. But the feeling when you swallow it is just as good. I dont know maybe its just me. Just try it."

I soften my eyes, telling her that shes okay and stuff the gummy into my mouth.

It works.

"Thank you," I say, and take the package.

I continue to look around the house for my things, when Laurel calls to me. "Ill just wait in the car now. As long as you don't need me?"

"Sure. Im fine. Go ahead," I say because I dont need her here, and because I'm almost done.

Almost on cue, when I turned around, Laurel is gone and in her place is the green arrow.

I don't say anything.

"How are you?" He says, blandly.

"Its weird. The only person I know I can trust hasn't talked to me in weeks. You. I don't know who you are, meaning I wont be awkward around you. I know that you wont tell people." I say, disappointment sprinting through my voice.

"Im sorry," The man says, and raises his head more, which reveals his scruff. Scruff that looks extremely familiar.

"Where have you been?!"

"Ive been closer than you think, Felicity. Be safe." He says, leaving a lasting thought in my mind after he walks away peacefully.

Sorry this chapter is super short and I havent updated in forever I know I just have been stuck on this part but Im past it now so next chapter will be way better trust me. :)

Thank you :))