Chapter 17-Fresh air

We arrive at the hospital and Oliver picks me up out of the car this time. He carries me in, demanding for a doctor right away because its an emergency.

I black out a few times and come back a few less times.

When I wake up, Im alone. The only thing I can focus on is the sound of the machines around me.

God, I hate hospitals. My room is right across from the nurses station this time. Good for entertainment I guess, not the best for privacy.

My thoughts get interrupted when a surgeon comes in with a few interns. Grey Sloan Memorial Hospital is a teaching hospital, so residents are assigned interns to teach.

"Who's presenting today," Dr. Yang says. "Mousy, your turn."

"Felicity Smoak, 27. She forgot to take her prescribed alcohol pills and was in the hospital just a few days ago and was released accidentally. She came in with extreme weakness, dizziness, and was agitated. She kept fainting when she first came in. There are lacerations on her back, unhealed wounds and she has a fever of 104 degrees," The young woman says. Everything becomes real after someone else says it.

"Ok. Felicity, we took a tox screen and since you are prescribed those pills, we contacted the doctor that prescribed you these and found the amount of alcohol in them. Although your tox screen shows that you have an alcohol intake of over 6 times that amount. There are also—"

My attention goes to the corner of the room, when Oliver walks in.

"—traces of drugs," Dr. Yang finishes.

I try to cut her off before Oliver can hear anything, but it's too late.

I try my best to not look over in his direction.

"What drug did you take, Felicity," Dr. Yang continues, despite my obvious distraction.

I don't say anything.

"This will go a lot smoother if you would just tell us. And it will be a lot cheaper. If you tell us, that means we wont have to run more expensive tests to find out," Dr. Yang says politely.

I close my eyes for a second.

"Coke," I whisper as quietly as I can. Oliver cant know anything else. He knows too much.

Dr. Yang nods and heads out, leaving me and Oliver alone.

"Are you alright, Felicity?" He says. More like a statement than a question. "What happened with Donny?"

"Its nothing," I say. I just want to forget about him.

"Ok I know this is a long shot, but how would you like to work with me," Oliver says. I know hes trying to avoid the whole coke and alcoholic thing right now.

"I already kind of do," I say, confusion lacing my voice.

"No I mean.. with—" His voice drops to a dramatic whisper when he says the next few words, "green arrow and speedy."

...Speedy. Who's speedy?

"Speedy?" I say, not knowing he worked with another vigilante.