Chapter 3-Gone

I arrived at Verdant, a little hesitant to go inside. What if he's in there? What if she's in there? Were my main questions. But, as a suicidal addict, I can admit that I have many unanswered questions. I popped a pill in my mouth, taking a sip of water with it. Maybe tonight wont be that bad. I opened my car door and hurried inside before the cool winter air could freeze my skin.

The music seemed to pound through my heart. This looked like the kind of club where people have fun, not the kind where sad people mope around and cry while drowning themselves in alcohol.

Although when I rounded the heard of people and arrived at the bar, there were a few loners drinking their souls away. I ordered some fancy cupid drink that had pink stuff on the rim and olives laced through a pink arrow. I immediately thought about the green arrow. I toasted to myself for him. He was a smart dude, and I have to give it to him. Its pretty brave what he does. I mean, not even law enforcements do what he does.

Maybe all of this talk about the green arrow is getting my head all jumbled up. I mean, since when do I care about stuff like that. I'm just a drunk I.T girl who everyone thinks is a normal woman. They're wrong. Maybe one day I'll be his friend. Maybe he'll trust me enough to show me who he is, and we can go out for dinner. Oh- dinner.

My mind has this way of changing the topic really fast and I also tend to over explain everything, which can get quite frustrating when people get irritated and tell you to hurry the fuck up and spit it out, but whatever. Maybe someone will love me for that someday. Right, Oliver. I really wish I hadn't gone to go get my makeup bag. If I wasn't so self conscious and could feel comfortable being seen in my real skin, maybe I would still be out eating with him, getting to know him. Hell, maybe we could've snuck away into the washrooms and had hot sex or totally sexual kissing. Ew, Felicity c'mon he's your boss. Right. He said it was just to cheer me up anyways, so why over think it, right?

Somehow these thoughts transitioned into me missing my mother. But usually all of my thoughts turn into that anyways. I could feel the tears starting to come, so instead of making myself look like a fool, I grabbed my drink and got up to leave.

Who cares about one cup right, they must have thousands of-

Somehow I hadn't seen this person and I banged into them so hard that my body was totally up against their chest. Oh- their rock hard chest. I looked up before taking a step away and mumbled a sorry and pinched my eyebrow while I did so. I was so ashamed when I seen who it was.

"God, he was right," I said. I looked up at the ceiling for a brief moment while I waited for his response.

He laughed, as if he knew what I was talking about. "Is bumping into each-other a new thing now?" Oliver said enthusiastically.

"Uh, I guess so." I sounded dead compared to the way his voice was filled with energy and excitement.

"What brings you here?" He said, as if we were long lost friends from ages ago.

I opened my mouth to speak but closed it before I got anything out. I found the courage to say something because I knew that he seen my mouth open. "Never mind, uh uh." I said, and tried to walk away but he grabbed my arm.

"What happened? What happened with dinner?" He said, pulling me back toward him.

"Nothing, I just, I don't know," I said. I honestly couldn't bring myself to tell him that I heard him and his sister fighting about me.

"Fel-ici-ty," He said, in fragments. "Talk to me."

"Okay fine, I bumped into Thea in the locker room and she asked where you were so I told her. I knew that she wanted to talk to you about something more important than not because she came all the way there instead of just texting you. So, I made sure to take my time and even wait a few minutes before I went back out. But when I came out she was still in that office talking to you, and I heard what she was saying. I guess I was too ashamed to face either one of you again, Im sorry." I said, rushing my words as fast as I could without slurring them together.