Chapter 8

***Alex POV***

"Eve I don't want to fucking hear it! I said no, so just drop it." I growled out into my space gray iPhone plus.

I threw Jason a dirty look over my shoulder as I hear him laugh behind me. What the fuck is wrong with this woman? I fucking swear you give someone an inch and they try to take a mile. I can almost hear the steam roll out of my lady's ears through the phone.

After a minute of silence that pass, I sneer out "Oh so now you don't want to talk no more huh?" Sucking my teeth, I purposely knock over my office vase sending it shattering to the floor. I really want to fuck something up right now I am that fucking pissed.

This damn woman just doesn't know when to fucking stop. I am trying so hard to get my shit together and not tap that ass with my open palm like I want to but she's trying it.

"I don't have anything more to say to you Alex! I don't get why you can't allow me to go with Charity out for a girls night out when I can get a babysitter who we both trust to look after the baby!" Eve whined out.

"Fuck that! You don't need a girls night out. What you need is to stay your ass home and be a mother!"

"What the fuck? I know you just didn't...Alex I am always a mother! I bust my ass every single day to make sure that I am always a mother! How dare you! I ask for a few hours for one night only and you act like a complete dick! I don't ride your balls whenever you are out prancing around doing god knows what. I have yet to even question you whenever you come crawling in during the wee hours of the morning and you have some nerve to...."

I hold the phone away from my ear wincing as my babe continued to scream and curse through the phone. Damn maybe I shouldn't have said that last bit. With a heavy sigh, I thought about these past three weeks. It's been three weeks since Eve went to that jazz get together in the park with her little friend.

Ever since that day everything has been going great between us. The whole honesty and speaking our minds thing has been working well for us. But the progress was set back once again on this Monday afternoon, when she calls me up with this bullshit of wanting to go out this Friday with her friend. What the fuck man! Hell no. Let her go out so she can walk her little hot ass around a bar full of other men to gape and paw at. Fuck that!

I know I am wrong. She deserves a break. She is an amazing mother. Fucking perfect. But even the best parents need a break and I know she would love a few hours to just relax. We don't need a fucking nanny either because I know damn well I can and would take care of my little butter bean while mommy is out. I know what I need to do but it doesn't make me want to do it.

Jason is busting a gut behind me as he listens to Eve continue to curse me out over the phone. This shit is embarrassing. I flip him off with a grin and put the phone back to my ear. "Eve that is enough!" I roared over her anger, cutting her speech off.

"I don't want to talk about this shit anymore! We will continue this later on. You are giving me a fucking migraine with your nagging!" I shouted out while I pinched the bridge of my nose.

"Whatever Alex" Eve snapped. I then hear sniffles over the phone. Oh fuck! God damnit I don't need this shit. After gruffly telling her that I will see her later I quickly hang up with my rage boiling through me.

"Damn bro! You know you could let that little lady go out and have some fun. Yo ol selfish ass!" Jason teased out as he swallowed a shot of cognac.