Chapter 27

***Eve POV***
Even though the shooting range is well out of sight, I still couldn't help but look over my shoulders every now and again unable to get the bleeding metal barrels out of my mind. Unsuccessfully, I try in ignoring the ball of dread sitting in the bottom of my stomach as I nervously glance over at a grim looking Hurst.

He had just gotten off of the phone a few minutes ago. And whatever he heard on the phone definitely wasn't to his liking. His angry screams in rapid German made me flinch and cringe away as I gotten a glimpse of the ruthless side of  the man whom I look upon as a loving gentle father_

"Eve? Love, we are going to have to make a quick stop at one of my...at a warehouse location. I won't be long." He says with a soften expression and loving pat on my shoulder.

In other words, he has to go take care of some business and I have to stay in the car like some child. "Okay...um can I come_"

"No tochter (daughter), it's best if you stay in the car. I won't be long love." He responds tersely. I quickly nod my head with a sigh. Wanting to argue back that I should come with him but also not wanting to make him anymore annoyed then what he already is. I am not all that confident in my shooting skills since I am now just getting comfortable with holding and shooting a gun but he shouldn't go into whatever meeting he has alone. Hurst knuckles are stark white against his tan skin as he grips the steering wheel while navigating us through the city's traffic.

After twenty more minutes of driving, he pulls into a parking lot of a dark building that stands up at least three stories. Turning off the car, he turns to me and tosses me an excited grin. The clear tension and anger that he exuded is no longer apparent. If it weren't for his knuckles still being stark white while he gripped the steering wheel, I probably would be thinking that the argument and anger was all a figment of my imagination. I return his grin with a worried frown. Okay...so maybe Alex did get his crazy from someone....

"Eve, stay in the car. Please don't open the door for anyone if it's not me. If the rare chance comes and I do not come back out in thirty minutes, then drive home. I don't care what you see or hear, you stay in the car. Got it love?"

"But_"

"No Eve, no buts. This area isn't safe for a woman such as yourself to be out and walking about. I will just go in to....talk to a few business associates. I will be right back out in a few minutes. It shouldn't take longer then twenty minutes and if it does, you leave and don't think twice about it!"

I nod my head again feeling like a little child who's parent is warning them against doing something they aren't' suppose to be doing. "Good, good. I will be back soon. Here take this." Hurst says after a quick kiss to my forehead. The cool steel of a handgun is pressed into my left hand and the car keys into my right.

Hurst slams out the car and briskly walks into the building. I nervously shift around in the passenger seat while staring at the door of the building. After ten minutes pass, I glance down at my phone and smile when I check my messages. Alex, Lucas, and Charity texted me during the time that I was training with Hurst. I grin to myself and quickly respond back to all of them.

As soon as I hit the send button to my last text message a gunshot causes me to jump and drop my phone. Fear slams into my chest as my heart begins to race uncontrollably. Oh my god no! I quickly unbuckle and dive to the floor of the car as the next stream of gunshots ring out from within the large building. Fuck!

I reach for my phone and contemplate calling Alex and Jason. They need to know what is going on but if I call them and Hurst has it under control, then he would not take too kindly to me calling for backup. But what if he doesn't have it under control?