Chapter 18: Part 1

***Eve POV***

"Breathe in....good Schätzchen. Now breathe out. Good. Now the important thing to remember is that this sort of thing is all about timing. When you are cornered or if you have someone charging you, it is important to remember to take a deep breathe and clear your mind of your fears. Yes I know that it's easier said then done, but an emotional shooter is a dead shooter. You must be able to take a step back and clear your mind so that you can make a clean shot." He mummers as he grabs my waist from behind and pushes me closer to the booth.

"Now you are a beginner. So it's unrealistic to expect for you to get a clean head shot anytime soon. In order for you to get that good, which you will be that good soon, it will require more practice. As you know with this unpredictable life, we may not have the luxury of shit to pop off once you get that good. So what want you to focus on now is aiming your gun at the stomach or chest of your assailant. In the moment, that someone will charge you, you won't be thinking clearly. Your heart will be so loud that you won't be able to hear much else. Your palms will get sweaty and your breathing will become so short that you will begin to choke from the lack of oxygen. Your eyesight will go blurry and your fear will feel as if it will consume you entirely. It is not realistic to assume that you will be of clear and sound mind in that moment. But baby just remember to aim for their gut. That way if your hands shake or tremble you still have a chance of hitting them somewhere on their body. You only need to hit them badly enough to distract them in order for you to get away." Alex lectures out behind me.

I shift nervously on my feet as I look at the poster target at the end of the lane. Alex's tattooed hands comes up and clasps over mine. I look at the poster skeptically as Alex's face rest next to mine. I take in a big breathe and exhale slowly before aiming with Alex's help. The loud bang of the gun is muffled by my ear plugs but the impact of the gun still kicks back causing me to stumble back into Alex.

A grin spreads across my face as I glance at the bullet hole in the middle of the target. "Whew! Omg Alex I hit it! I hit it!" I jumped up and down on my high heeled wedges. Alex deep chuckles rumbles out of his chest behind me in amusement. "I see it. Good. Now just remember next time to expect the gun to kick back. If you expect the impact of it kicking back, it won't be so bad. Soften your knees just a slight bit and stand hip width apart. That way it won't cause you to stumble back so badly."

I nodded my head and set my face into grim determination. I gasp and look back at Alex as he steps away. "I-I thought you were going to stand there and help me." I whine out. He grins out at me and shake his head.

"Eve you need to be able to practice some by yourself. When the time comes to protect yourself, you won't have someone there to help you hold a gun." Pouting, I turn back to the freshly wheeled in poster target. I can hear Alex, Bruno, and Bruce laughing in the background at my sulking. Squaring my shoulders, I chant off Alex's instructions silently to myself while I aim the gun once again. I fire off three times in a row and hear Bruce give a low whistle behind me.

A squeal of delight leaves my lips as I looked at two of the three shots that I had fired hit the target paper. Of course I wasn't nowhere near the circle on the paper but I still had landed two of the shot on the target! I bounce around in the both waving the gun around in the air causing all of the men surrounding me to duck and go for cover. "Damn woman! Point that gun elsewhere." Alex laughed out as he too was ducked behind a table.

"Oh." I replied blushing in embarrassment as I slowly turned and put the gun down on the table in front of me. Men's laughter surrounded me causing my blush to go even deeper. Soon Alex's big arms surrounded me and he gave me a big kiss on the forehead and lips, "I am so proud of you Schätzchen." He whispered out as he twirled me around. Laughter bubbles up out of my lips.