Vlogmas Day 14: Hot chocolate and film night

"Honey?" Abbs repeats. She's already called me once but before answering I picked up my camera and turned it on. I can hear by her voice that she is up to something and I want it caught on film.

"Yes, love?"

"Are you done working?"

"Yes," I lie because I'm not really done but what I'm doing isn't urgent.

"Then please come in here," she beckons and I obliges, exiting my home office.

"Oh, you're vlogging!" she says in a mix between surprise and annoyance. She's turned the lights off so the entire living room is only lit up but the tonnes of fairy lights and the TV. She's looking adorable in her oversized Christmas jumper and holding two mugs.

"I made us hot chocolates and I thought we could cuddle up and see Home Alone," she suggest as she hands me my hot chocolate. It's topped with whipped cream, mini marshmallow and even sprinkled slightly with cinnamon.

"I'd love to," I say and we move towards our big sofa getting comfortable next to each other and then Abbs pulls a big blanket over us.

I take a sip of the hot chocolate and I honestly think it's the best I've ever tasted.

"Abbs, this is amazing!"

"Thanks," she says with slight colour in her cheeks. She isn't the best with accepting compliments. "I tried a few new things and I think it turned out really lovely."

"Damn, you've got to show me the recipe," I ask.

"Well..." she says but pauses before bursting into the cutest smile ever. "I may kind of have vlogged it for you on my Vloggie, so you can put it in your vlog. That way it was also easy to document my method to replicate it later."

I can't believe what I'm hearing. She is really changing her attitude towards vlogging. My heart squeezes with pride for my girl. She vlogged for me yet again. My viewers will love that. They literally went crazy for her Summer In The City vlog.

"That's amazing, Abbs," I say pulling her closer to me planting a kiss on her temple. Lately that feels like our go-to sweet affectionate gesture that had previously been a peck on the lips. Just because Abbs will allow temple kisses in the vlogs and before I would have to always cut it out.

"My little vlogger," I whisper into her hear but I don't think my camera picks it up.

"It was fun," Abbs mutter and edges closer to me.

"Well, aren't you a lucky bunch?" I say to the vlog. "I will probably add the footage here, so see you after that when we've finished watching the greatest Christmas film of all time."