Vlogmas Day 22: The Place We First Met

Reminiscing the events taking place in chapter 2 of Dating a YouTuber?!

"If you're one of my dedicated viewers and have been watching me for more than a year and a half, you might recognise this place," I say and pan the camera to the secluded section of Brighton beach where we first met.

We've left Abbs' parents place to go on a walk by ourselves. We've been to the beach multiple times but for whatever reason I feel like December this year has been filled with reminiscing of the first few times we met. I love it.

Abbs is wearing a hoodie like she did the first time we met but this time it's mine. It's one of the ones she's stolen and likes to wear when she wants to be cosy. She also sleeps with it if I'm not home. She says my scent calms her.

"Nate," Abbs exclaims and excitedly points to a tree.

But it's not just any tree; it's the tree in which she got me to hang upside down in when she was doing the photo shoot. While I was hanging upside down in it, I saw Abbs jump around and make silly faces and shout bad puns at me. That was when I realised she wasn't only absolutely stunning but she was also the sweetest and most good-natured girl I had ever met. She was also funny, in her own way at least.

"We have to get in it," I say immediately.

"I have a better idea," Abbs says. "Give me Vloggie and get in the tree upside down."

I don't have the heart to tell how nauseating it was to be upside down in that tree. I didn't want to discourage her the first time and now I can see how much she want to relive that memory and I won't deny her of that.

"Okay," I say, handing over my camera and embarking on my tree climb. I manage to recreate the pose and when I swing down, hanging by my legs, I find Abbs talking to the vlog.

I didn't really notice as I was preoccupied but she's chatting along to it naturally, like someone who've been vlogging for ages. She addresses it as a person, as a friend just like I do, and I feel my heart squeeze.

"Abbs!" I call out, bringing her attention back to me because I can't be upside down too long or I'll begin to feel really poorly. 

"Oh my God! Honey! You look exactly the same," Abbs says. "Please show the photo I took next to this footage," she says and I hop down. My stomach is already a bit unsettled.

"I'll do that and maybe I should also show the first every footage I have of you?" I tease her. "You know when you shouted about Emma while walking five paces in front of us and hiding in a giant hoodie."

She doesn't protest. She simply rolls her eyes. I might not keep that in but it definitely shows me how far she's come from refusing the show her face to casually vlogging in public.