Chapter Eight - The Plan

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Got a secret, can you keep it?

Swear this one you'll save

Better lock it in your pocket

Takin' this one to the grave

If I show you, the I know you

Won't tell what I said

'Cause two can keep a secret

If one of them is dead

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After Father had called for me to come back inside, I went to my room for a few minutes before going back down to a window that faced the hanging set. Belinda was still in the same place just staring at him. I don't even know his name, but I was furious with him. How dare he frame her?! She wasn't crying like she was sad about it or anything. Maybe her and that guy weren't that close, but they had to be close. For him to know how to frame Belinda he had to be close to Belinda.
About an hour later she moved down from the stairs and I figured that she was going to leave, instead she moved right in front of the guy that framed her. She stood there, just staring at him. I couldn't tell her emotions because she was too far away from me. I wish that I could go and wrap my arms around her right now, but I couldn't for two reasons. One: Someone in the castle would see me. Two: I knew she needed to be alone.

She stayed and stayed and stayed, just like I did. She didn't realize I was there. She was too busy staring at the guy. She stayed until she realized that the sun was setting. I saw her lips move, but I couldn't make out the words. I knew they weren't meant for my ears to hear anyway. She turned away and walked without a glance back at the boy.

I walked back up to my room slowly and realized that I was tired. Today had taken a lot out of me, emotionally. I lay on my bed and thought about Belinda. I knew that I needed her. There was just this pull towards her. Before my eyes shut I knew that I had to make a plan to make sure this girl is mine.

~

When I woke up the next morning I knew my plan. Thank goodness I remember my dreams. As soon as I was up I saw that my maid had already picked out my attire for the day which I quickly dressed in. I rushed downstairs to compromise with my father.

"Father. Do you have extra time so we can sit and work out something?" I asked politely trying to butter him up so he wouldn't be mad for the past couple of days.
"If this has anything to do with the Melrose kid then no."

"It has nothing to do with her. That whole ordeal is over with," I lied. This whole plan was for Belinda, but what Father doesn't know won't kill him.

"Then proceed."

"I don't want to get married to Sue Trymond."

"Why not? I thought you said that the date went well," Father asked curiously.

"I lied," I told him honestly.

"Why? Haven't I always told you to be truthful with me?"

"Yes, Sir, you have, but you seemed very stressed with work the day you asked so I didn't want to bother you with it."

"If not Sue, then who?" He asked.

"Well I'm not sure. Since it doesn't really matter if I really love my wife or not I have thought of a plan to make sure I have the strongest wife to help me with the kingdom."

"Please do tell." I had him interested now. I knew how to present things very well.
"My plan is that we let every nobleman's daughter come and spend two months in the castle learning the ways to be a queen and whoever is the farthest along in two months wins the queen's crown."

"Do we have enough etiquette teachers for all the nobleman's daughters?" Father asked.

"How many etiquette teachers do I have?" I asked.

"Eight." I counted in my head of all the nobleman's daughters, including Belinda.
"Perfect." I said.

"When shall this start?" How long would it take Belinda to train to become a lady?

"Three months," I said.

I could see him contemplating in his head and he started nodding his head, "You will be married to one of the nobleman's daughters in five months. I like the plan."

"Thank you," I said. He didn't respond with 'you're welcome' because he didn't believe in saying it to someone lower than him and who's higher than him? No one. I was just happy that Father liked the plan and let me follow through with it. Only he didn't know half of it.

One down two to go. Next was Aleene. Aleene is my most trusted etiquette teacher. She's more of a mom to me than my own birth mother. I walked up the stairs and down the east wing where all the workers for us lived.

I knocked on Aleene's door that was answered seconds later. She bowed and waved me to come in.

"What do you need Prince Andrew?" She asked.

"I need a major favor from you."

"What is it, Dear?"

"Well it's a secret. So you have to promise to not tell anyone. My father only knows half of it, but I'm hoping that you, being my most trusted etiquette teacher, will help me with the part that he doesn't know."

"I'm interested. Please continue."

"Well to start off, I must tell you that I am in love with someone that I'm not supposed to be in love with. She is a peasant, her name is Belinda," I whispered to her. "Since she is a peasant I want you to teach her the ways of a lady. I'm paying her family that way they have enough money to become a noble family. You have three months to teach her the ways to being a lady. Will you do it?"

"Yes, I will do it. I'm glad that you have found someone that you love. It is very special to have that with someone." I smiled at her because she always understood me. I hugged her which I think she was surprised by, but she hugged me back none-the-less.

Two down, one to go.

Next stop: Belinda's house.

~(A/N)~ Okay, so I really hope you read my author's notes. I would like for all of you to check out my other works, "A Wanted Heart" and "Forbidden Word" they are both fantasy romances, but they are completely different from one another. If you like my writing style and that type of thing then please check them out because they aren't that popular they aren't even listed so I would greatly appreciate it!

I know that this one isn't that long. It's not that exciting. It's just a filler. I'm sorry. The next chapter is also a filler, but I personally think that it is more exciting becuase of the info. in the next chapter.

Five votes and Five comments before the next chapter is uploaded :)