Chapter Twenty One - A Different Belinda

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Life on the moon, could it be any stranger?
life on the moon, would it feel this far away?
the life that I knew it's through
and I'm gonna need you more than ever
I'm alone in this crowded room
it's like the life on the moon

Flown off the ground my head's up in the air
self-conscious to a fault with all the people everywhere
its getting harder every night, to take the punches left and right
just to know that you are here by my side

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Aleene arrived about five minutes ago. She started working on my dad first because she said that he would take the least amount of time to get ready. I saw her dress him in a golden orange-colored doublet with a white, button-up shirt underneath. Then she fastened a ruffled collar on him made of white lace. She then placed white breeches in his arms and told him to go around the tent and change because she didn't want to invade his personal space, which I appreciated her for. When he came back around she helped him lace up his boots and then she pulled out a bottle of pig fat to slick his hair back with. She also shaved him, not nicking his face with a razor once. My dad looked very sharp once she was done.

Next she moved to working with my mom. She pulled out a matching golden orange dress for her and a corset, stockings, and pantaloons, to go underneath her dress. Aleene held up part of the tarp to cover Mother up as she changed. Aleene buttoned up the dress all the way up to the top of her neck. It was not polite for a married woman to show private flesh, so the dress covered up everything. Aleene pinned up her hair in various places somehow making it look very elegant and well done. She gave Mom high-heeled shoes that were made of white satin.

"Now Belinda, are you ready?" she asked. I nodded my head eagerly. This was so exciting. I watched her pull out the same golden orange color. The dress had two parts to it: the top and the skirt. Then she pulled out a pair of stockings.

"The top is like a corset for you and I'm not going to make you wear pantaloons," Aleene whispered in my ear. She ushered me over to the tarp that served as a changing room and I quickly changed, putting on my stockings first and then my skirt that I pulled up to my waist and pulled on the top and called for Aleene. She came back there and buttoned up the back of the dress. I looked down and noticed that some of my private flesh was poking out and I blushed. Aleene looked me over and tugged on the bottom of my top making more poke out which caused my blush to turn beet red.
"What do you think the real reason is to why the King family moved to this land?"

Aleene whispered in my ear. "Duh, so you could get with the charming prince. How else is a new family's daughter going to get the prince's attention?" I laughed at her. She gave me the same white satin, high-heel shoes that she gave Mom. I put them on as she started braiding my hair. She was very quick at braiding and was done with one side of my hair in no time. When she was done braiding both sides of my hair she started pinning the ends up to my head and made it as flat as possible. She brought out the blonde wig and that's when I started getting nervous. What if I looked absolutely awful with blonde hair? Aleene started pinning it to my head and she started brushing it out. I felt the pin-straight blonde hair touch my elbow and I looked down at it. It was a very pretty blonde color that looked natural.

"I'm going to leave your hair down," Aleene said.

"Do you have a mirror?" I asked.

"Yes I do," she said and turned away to look through her bag. "Here," she said handing the mirror to me.