Chapter Twenty Four - What Your Heart Desires

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I only pray you'll never leave me behind (never leave me)
Because good music can be so hard to find (so hard to find)
I take your hand and hold it closer to mine
Thought love was dead, but now you're changing my mind

My heart's a stereo
It beats for you, so listen close
Hear my thoughts in every no-o-o-te
Make me your radio
Turn me up when you feel low
This melody was meant for you
Just sing along to my stereo

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All nine of us walked out of the castle together early in the morning. Instead of how we usually walk, all intimidating in a descending line, my father was more lenient and allowed me to walk to church beside Belinda. She looked beautiful as always. She was wearing a plane lavender dress and her "hair" was up in a bun. How could she not see how beautiful she was? It was so obvious. Not to her, but to me. Maybe I was the only one that saw her as this gorgeous being. I was absolutely fine with that. I didn't care if anyone else didn't see her as I did. Beauty was in the eye of the beholder.

"The church service is great," I heard my father say to Mr. and Mrs. Melrose. "I know you will enjoy it."

"How are you enjoying this land so far?" I asked Belinda. I heard someone scoff and I looked back to see Beatrice crossing her arms over her chest and glaring at the back of Belinda's head. I shot her one of my death glares and she quickly changed her attitude.

"It's lovely." She looked up at me and smiled. "I can't wait to see how glorious our house will be." I noticed a little apprehensiveness in her eyes which told me that she really didn't want to see her house.

"Have you enjoyed your stay at the castle?" I asked. I listened for Beatrice to scoff again, but she didn't.

"It's been great! It's so gorgeous!" She said and then winked at me. "It adds a bonus to have a hunk like you around, too," She whispered flirtatiously while eyeing me up and down. Chills were sent down my spine. How did one look make me weak at the knees? Where was this Belinda hiding? I liked flirty Belinda. It was cute. Wow, that was an adjective that I'd never used to describe a girl before.

"It adds a bonus to my day to have a pretty little thing like you around," I whispered back.

"I'm sure I make your nights more exciting, too." She winked at me again and I fell in a step behind her to hide her butt from view as I grabbed it. I heard her squeal and start giggling like a little kid with a crush.

"You definitely make my nights more exciting," I whispered huskily in her ear.

"Ooh, you better calm down and save it for tonight because we're about to enter the church," She warned me in a joking way.

  "How dare you get me all worked up for nothing!" I playfully scolded.

I heard her laugh quietly as we entered the church. Everyone rose as we entered and bowed in our presence. The seating was arranged by class. The poor peasants in the back, the knights in the middle, the nobles in the front and of course the royals had front row seats. Belinda probably hated this.

We sat down on one long bench and because there was nine of us instead of the usual six we were a little packed in together. I didn't mind it though because there was absolutely no space between Belinda and I. I happened to look back to my left and saw Sue staring daggers at Belinda. What was this? National 'hate the new girl' day? I sent her one of my warning glares and she huffed then turned to face the priest.