Chapter Seventy Five - Belinda Who?

A/N This is the last chapter of TMC. I never thought that this day would come. I want to thank all of my followers and my voters and my commentors and my silent readers because I wouldn't have finished this book without the support that you all have shown me! I hope you all enjoy the ending to Belinda and Andrew's journey. The picture on the side is of Belinda's dress, but where there is red I imagine it as purple.

Chapter Seventy Five - Belinda Who?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Who am I living for?
Is this my limit?
Can I endure some more?
Chances are given, Question Existing
Who am I living for?
Is this my limit?
Can I endure some more?
Chances are given, Question Existing

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I turned around and looked in the mirror. My brown hair was curled and piled on top of my head. A few loose curls fell around my face to frame it. There was some blush on my cheeks and kohl on my eyelashes to enhance my facial features. My dress was what really stood out though. It was a deep purple color; the color of royalty. It had a V-neck cut with straps that were off the shoulder. There was a corset at the back which allowed the dress to hug all of my curves. Then it cascaded out like a ball-gown dress. The purple fabric angled around the front and showed a cream material with a little bit of light purple designs in it. The back of the dress had a train with the purple material. For the finishing touches, Aleene put me in a pair of cream satin shoes and placed a pearl necklace around my neck while I put on the matching pearl earrings.

"This is beautiful! Thank you Aleene."

"It's my pleasure, Dear. Now, I must be going. I cannot wait to hear your speech. I know you will be wonderful." Without another word she hurried out the door.

I still had no idea how to start my speech. I've had a week to work on it, but I still wasn't sure how to persuade everyone to like me. Even if I just told the truth to everyone there was no guarantee that they would like me then. Ophelia and Sue were offering the peasants money if they won. I didn't have anything like that to persuade them. I was just me. I was just Belinda Melrose. All I could do was tell them the truth and hope that they would be on my side.

The door opened and Andrew stood in the doorway. I ran over to him and threw myself in his arms. Andrew wrapped his arms around me and comfortingly rubbed my back. I looked up at him and stood on my toes to reach his lips. He pulled back a few seconds later and smiled down at me.

"You look absolutely stunning, Love," Andrew said.

I blushed and said, "Thank you. You look very handsome as well." He was wearing a cream colored vest with wealthy designs on it paired with tan colored pants, a purple coat with cream embroidery around the outline of the coat and brown boots. "We match."

"I'm afraid I match the other contestants today as well. They are wearing purple to give the illusion that they are royalty, but none of them are as beautiful as you." I heard someone clear their throat, but I couldn't see who it was. "I'm sorry," Andrew said over his shoulder. "As much as I would love to stay, you have some visitors who would like to speak with you." He pecked me on the lips before moving out of the way.

Prudence, Eliza, Violet, and Lucinda stood in front of me.

"When I wrote you all that letter I didn't think you all would actually come." I saw a servant walk by and I said, "Excuse me!" The servant gave me an odd look. "Would you please bring three more chairs to my room?" The servant nodded towards me and ran off to bring in the chairs.