Chapter Sixteen - Out Of My Comfort Zone

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

At last, my love has come along
My lonely days are over
And life is like a song
Oh, yeah, at last
The skies above are blue
My heart was wrapped up in clovers
The night I looked at you
I found a dream that I could speak to
A dream that I can call my own
I found a thrill to rest my cheek to
A thrill that I have never known
Oh, yeah when you smile, you smile
Oh, and then the spell was cast
And here we are in heaven
For you are mine
At last

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I knocked on Aleene's door late in the evening. Earlier I had been pacing around my room thinking the same thought over and over again until finally it drove me crazy enough to come and ask what to do about it.

'I need Belinda.'

"Come in," Aleene called. I opened the door quickly and shut it.

"We need to talk," I said quickly. Aleene looked over at me and took in my distraught figure.

"You want Belinda, don't you?" She asked.

"Is it that obvious?" I asked.

"Only to me because I know you too well."

"Help me, please," I said desperately.

"You really want her? You're positive?"

"With all my heart."

She sighed, "I didn't think you were this serious about her. I thought you were going to forget about her."

"I've tried, but I can't."

"I don't think that this is a good idea, Andrew."

"Why not?" I started to become angry.

"Because you can have anyone you want. She's not fit to be a queen."

"What happened to, I'm glad you've found someone that you love?" I snarled.

"That was when I thought you were going to forget about her because she rejected you." A pang of hurt ran through my heart.

"I have to try again, Aleene. You don't understand. I need her."

"You don't 'need' anyone."

"You know, I thought that you'd be the one person to be able to help me with this, but I guess I was completely wrong. I thought you'd be the only person to understand. But since you can't I guess I'll just have to figure out a way to get her by myself!" I yelled at her and rushed out the door and to my room to think some more.

Think Andrew, think! How would I go about winning a girl? God, I have no idea. I've never had to win a girl. The girls always flock to me. I've never had to beg for a girl. This was completely out of my comfort zone. I had no idea how to win Belinda. I just knew that I needed her. All I have is determination. I have a feeling that the determination, no matter how small and crushed it may be, would get me through it. I would have Belinda by the end of the night.

~

I knocked on Belinda's door at eleven o'clock. I heard someone retreating to the doorway. When the door opened I was met by the face that had haunted my dreams, and thoughts for the past couple of days.

"May I come in?" I asked politely.

"What are you doing here?" She asked bluntly.

"To fight for you," I answered, "I can't really do that while standing outside." I hinted for her to let me in. She stepped aside to offer me in and I stepped into her home. I took off my cloak as she shut the door.