Chapter Fifty Five - Close Call

I am terribly sorry that I haven't updated this book in two months. Time really has just gotten away from me and it seemed like whenever I had free time, I really didn't, I either had homework, had plans with friends or something else. Also, I haven't really been into writing this. I've been getting ideas for other books and writing that when I should be writing this. I hada major writers block with this. I do that quite often actually and that's why this book still isn't finished. I know the past few chapters haven't been that interesting really, and this one isn't that interesting either, but give me five more chapters. Just five and then the really good stuff starts. I'm going to try and start to upload more often. Notice I said try, I'm not promising you anything, but I will try. Thank you for those who have stuck with me this far. I really appreciate it.

SUMMARY OF LAST CHAPTER (incase you forgot):

Belinda and Andrew freak out because someone has caught them kissing in the piano room. Andrew visits with his sibling and talks with Beatrice. He figures out that Bea is hiding something about Daniel.

Chapter Fifty Five - Close Call

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

But hey now, you know, girl

We both know what's a cruel world

But I will take my chances

As long as you love me

We could be starving

We could be homeless

We could be broke

As long as you love me

I'll be your platinum

I'll be your silver

I'll be your gold

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I shut the door behind me and rested my back against it. My body was starting to tremble and my lip was quivering. I knew that Andrew was trying to assure me that nothing was wrong back there, but I could tell that he wasn't even sure of himself. I could see that inkling of doubt circling in his eyes. He was scared, too. He was trying to be strong for me, but I could tell that he wasn't only trying to reassure me; he was trying to reassure himself. Whoever saw us back there could easily report that to the king. That was the last thing we needed. I was halfway there. I didn't need some prissy nobleman's daughter to get me kicked out of the competition just for kissing the prince.

My knees gave out from under me and I crashed on the floor.

They could do it, though. Depending on the person who saw; they could easily get me kicked out. It wouldn't matter if Andrew tried to say that he had kissed other contestants, if the king wanted me out he would get me out. He's probably just looking for a way to get me kicked out since I slapped him. He's probably waiting for that perfect moment to knock me on my ass and send me home. If someone went to him with that information it would be the perfect way to do it.

I dropped my head in my hands, but winced from the pain that shot through my cheek. Shit, I forgot about the bruise! I Scrambled up to my feet and ran over to my mirror. I sighed in relief as I realized that the make up I caked on this morning still hid the bruise.

That whole incident may have happened a few days ago, but it still hurt. I'm just glad that the big purple bruise could be covered up; otherwise I'd have a lot of explaining to do. Maybe I should tell Andrew about the incident, but if he got really mad I would never be able to stop him from hurting the king and then the king would ask why Andrew cared so much about me in particular and then the whole truth would come out and then the king would lock me back up into that filthy dungeon before hanging me in front of the whole city.