Chapter Thirty - Sorry, My Love

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You'll learn to hate me
But still call me baby
Oh love
So call me by my name

And save your soul
Save your soul
Before you're to far gone
Before nothing can be done

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Belinda, my love, you'll have to wait for another day.

I collapsed on my bed at ten. I had been working since the crack of dawn trying to get all of my paperwork done. It was done. If it wasn't done by today the king would have had me by the balls. Sadly I was not kidding. All I wanted to do was sleep. I groaned and rolled over on my side, trying to get comfy. I. Was. So. Tired.

There was a knock on my door just as I was getting comfy.

"Come in," I mumbled. I heard my door creak open and I rolled over to see Aleene standing in front of my shut door. "Hey, how did everything go with Belinda?"

"It was fine. I think you should go see her. She doesn't say anything to me, but I can tell that she misses you. She's having doubts and you need to be there to assure that nothing is wrong. She wants you to be able to assure her."

She was having doubts? Again? Would she ever quit having doubts?

I quickly got off my bed, no longer tired, and put on my black cloak.

"Good choice," I heard Aleene say as I walked out of my door and into the black as pitch hallway.

My pride was hurt a little. How many times would I have to assure Belinda that I wanted her? That I needed her?

Would she ever truly believe me, or would she forever have doubts about us?

I stopped at the top of the staircase noticing another figure slip into the shadows because they heard me coming. I walked slowly down the staircase and under the stairs where the other person came.

"Who goes there?" I whispered harshly into the pitch blackness.

"Andrew?" I heard a girls voice whisper back.

"Beatrice?"

I felt a hand grasp mine and her voice say, "We will speak outside. It's too risky in here." We both quickly got out from under the stairwell and she led me to the door where I'd seen her quietly open it once before, but was too occupied with Belinda to follow her.

"What are you doing?" We both asked at the same time, as soon as she closed the door behind us. She grabbed my hand again and led me into the shadows where we slipped away from the castle. We were cutting through fields behind the houses where no one could see us. I had a feeling that Beatrice had taken this road before.

"Are you going to answer my question?" Bea asked.

"I'm of authority so you should answer it first seeing as you've been through these parts a few times."

"Fine." She sighed, "I'm going to see someone."

"A special someone or just a friend?"

"A special someone."

"His name being?"

"Mr. Trymond's son, Daniel."

"Isn't he a couple of years older than you?"