Chapter Thirty Seven - Revealed

A/N Before you read this I must tell you that this is not the edited version of this chapter. My editor has yet to send the chapter back to me edited. I decided that since my birthday was yesterday and I'm in an extremely good mood I'm going to post the unedited version of this chapter. Pardon me if there are any mistakes and please note that if you are going to leave a comment about grammatical errors, but please feel free to leave a constructional comment below! It will only make the book better! Sorry for the late upload everything's been so hetic because of spring break and my birthday, so without further adieu, I give you chapter Thirty Seven!

Chapter Thirty Seven - Revealed

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Picture perfect memories

Scattered all around the floor

Reaching for the phone 'cause

I can't fight it anymore

And I wonder if I

Ever cross your mind

For me it happens all the time

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I woke up the next morning with terrible back pains. The tears were already streaming down my face. I knew this type of pain. The pain of the monthly curse. I got up and quickly put on my wig before calling for Mary. Enough people already knew about my real identity, we didn't need another.

I heard someone knock and then someone's head popped into the doorway. Mary helped me clean everything up.

"Belinda, I can do it myself," Mary said as she took the stained sheets of the bed.

"I know you can."

"Then why do you help?"

"I know it must be awful to have to pick up after us day in and day out." I walked over to the other side of the bed and started putting on new sheets.

"I do not look for sympathy, Ma'am."

"And I do no intend to give it, because I hate sympathy myself. I'm just saying that a little break hurts no one." We continued to make the bed in silence.

"Can I help you dress?" Mary asked.

"Sure." I walked over to my wardrobe and let her pick out my attire. "I apologize if I'm a little irritable today," I said to Mary.

"Nobles do not apologize to those who are lower than them," Mary spoke quietly as she laced the corset of my dress.

"I don't know who you've worked for before, but it sounds like they were awful."

"I'm not allowed to speak of them in such a way." Mary brushed my hair back from my neck and asked, "Do you bleach your hair, lady Belinda?"

"No, why do you ask?" She brought me over to my mirror and pulled at a piece of brown hair.

I quickly smacked her hand away and said, "It's a birth mark."

"A birth mark? Aren't those usually on your body?"

"Usually yes, but have you ever seen people with random streaks of white in their hair? That's a birthmark, mine just happens to be brown. That's all. You can go now, please bring me some food, I'm starved, and some medicine. Thank you."

She bowed and left the room. I waited until I heard her footsteps retreat down the hallway before I took out my blonde wig and put it on again with more precaution this time. How could I have been so stupid? Anymore slip ups and she would know that something was going on.