Chapter Twenty Five - Flirty and Jealous

Chapter Twenty Five - Flirty And Jealous

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Walking in the sunshine, sing a little sunshine song

Put a smile upon your face as if there's nothing wrong

Think about a good time you had a long time ago

Think about forgetting about your worries and your woes

Walking in the sunshine, sing a little sunshine song

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I heard a knock on my door the next day right after I had dressed in a peach-colored dress. Aleene taught me how to put on my own wig and I had put it on with my hair down. I opened the door to see the queen standing in the doorway. I curtsied and I heard her laugh. I raised up and she said, "I just came to tell you that your house will be ready for you to move into tomorrow."

"Already?" I asked surprised.

She laughed again and said, "Yes, now if you'd like to be with Andrew on your last day here then he's in the play room downstairs." I blushed and she said, "Oh, one more thing." The queen tugged on my top to pull it down lower, exposing the skin that I had made sure was covered up when I put on the dress. "Now go get him." She winked at me and my blush turned a dark crimson. She stepped aside, letting me out off the room and I heard my door shut. I walked down the stairs suddenly realizing that I had no idea where the play room was at.

I looked around to see if I could locate someone. I spotted a servant cleaning a shelf and I walked over to her.

"Excuse me," I spoke to her. She turned around and looked at me. She had to be younger than me. Her big blue eyes were scared and her curly white hair was up in a bun. "Could you tell me where the play room is?"

She pointed down a hall were the piano room was located.

"Down that hall, second to last door on the right." Her voice was soft and high pitched.

"Thank you."

I smiled kindly at her and she gave me a confused look and said, "You're welcome." It then dawned on me that people with a higher ranking than them showed them no courtesy. I shouldn't have thanked her. It was out of place. I quickly turned and walked down the hall. Andrew was right, we didn't need more than one person suspicious of me. Beatrice was enough.

The door was cracked open slightly, and I peeked in to see him sitting down with Cora and Edwin. I opened the door slowly. All three of them looked up and smiled at me.

"Hi Be-" Cora started to say, but Andrew quickly covered her mouth and put a finger to his lips, telling her to be quiet. "Hi Belinda," She said more quiet. I smiled and waved at her.

"Come on over." Edwin motioned for me to come and patted the space beside him. I walked over and sat down in between Edwin and Andrew. I saw Edwin motion for me to lean down to him. He pulled my hair back and cupped his hand on my ear.

"You're really pretty," He whispered and pulled away.

"You're pretty handsome yourself." I smiled at him and I saw a blush creep on his cheeks.

"I think Andrew's jealous," Cora sung. I looked over at Andrew who was looking at Cora. I laughed at him and he looked over at me, love shining in his eyes as he smiled. I saw Cora nudge Edwin and say, "I think they're in love."