Chapter Sixty Five - Hallucinations

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You want a revelation

You want to get it right

And it's a conversation

I just can't have tonight

You want a revelation

Some kind of resolution

You are the revelation

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My fingers angrily gripped the hair of my wig and then smacked the desk I was sitting at. I huffed and sat back in my seat. I crossed my arms and glared at the papers in front of me as if I could scare the words on the paper into telling me who Daniel's murderer was. Andrew was right. There was nothing. No clues, no hints, no leads, nothing!

I needed to figure this out. I had one more week left. One week had already gone by and I still had no idea who could've done this. I had to figure this out for Andrew's sake. I had to figure this out for Beatrice's sake.

Beatrice was still walking around like a zombie. She was a shell of the girl she used to be. I knew that Bea was still in there somewhere, but she was traumatized by whatever she saw or heard or was told the night that Daniel was murdered. If only she would tell what she knew. I believed that she knew something that would crack the case and solve his murder mystery. The trick was getting her to talk at all. She didn't talk to anyone now and whenever Andrew tried to talk to her about the incident she freaks out and starts sobbing uncontrollably as if she was reliving whatever she witnessed all over again.

And Andrew. Oh, Andrew. If I couldn't come up with the murderer he'll want to go to plan B. I couldn't let that happen. I wouldn't let that happen.

I heard a light knock on the door and Andrew walked in. He smiled sadly at me as he started walking towards me.

"You look stressed," he said as he came around behind me. His hands rested on my shoulders and he started to massage them.

"I am," I groaned. "There's nothing. None of the family have any clue who did this, except for Sue and she doesn't really know that. None of the nobles have any idea either. I'm afraid I won't win this. I'm afraid you'll have to marry Sue. She's the only one that has any idea and because of that she'll win and you'll have to marry her."

"I will not marry her. I refuse to. If she wins we're running away."

"Then you better start packing."

The massaging stopped and he crouched down beside me. He turned my head with his finger so I would look at him.

"You still have a week, Love. You can do it. I know you can."

I sighed and closed my eyes for a moment. When I opened them again he was still in the same spot. "Thank you," I said and cupped his cheek in my hand. "It's very sweet of you to have faith in me."

He kisses me softly on the lips and says, "I will always have faith in you." I kiss him back and we stay there for who knows how long just kissing slowly and savoring this moment between us since they are few and far between.

When we finally pulled away my head was dizzy and my vision was blurry. I could feel the room start to spin around me. "Andrew?" I say right before everything around me goes black.

"Belinda." I heard a voice say my name. It was whispered, yet it echoed all around me. I look around and notice that I was definitely not in my room anymore. "Belinda." I hear the voice again and look around frantically while standing up on the dirt road in peasant lands.

"Who's there?" I call out.

"I am. I am. I am." Three different voices said. Two sounded very young and the other sounded old and gruff.

"Show yourselves!" I shout out unsure if I really wanted to see the three people the voices belonged to.

"We're here." I heard all three of the voices whisper at once and it sounded as if they were right behind me.

I quickly turn around and see Jacob, Daniel and Marley standing next to each other. What the hell was going on? I looked around at my surroundings and noticed that I was standing in the place that Daniel's body was found.

"Listen to us Belinda," they all say together. My eyes snapped back to them.

"What's going on?" I ask them.

"There's no time to question us, Miss Melrose." Oh God, they know my real name. "You must understand."

"Understand what?" I ask even though they told me there was no time to question them.

"We are all connected."

My eyes flutter open to meet worried green eyes staring back at me. "Are you okay?" Andrew asks.

"I- I think so. What happened?" My voice sounded hoarse and my throat felt scratchy.

"You passed out right after we stopped kissing."

"Must have been one heck of a kiss," I joke. He laughs lightly at my comment. "I just remember feeling really dizzy and the room spinning around me and then... nothing." I decided not to tell him about the weird hallucination. I would tell him eventually when I worked through it and figured out exactly what it meant.

"I'm glad you're okay," He smiled slightly down at me.

"I think I was just really tired and mentally exhausted."

"I'll let you get your rest." He kissed my forehead and then left.

I turned over on my side and looked at the wall in front of me.

We are all connected.

What did that mean? What did they mean by that? Did they mean that everyone in this world was connected in some way? No. They said that for a reason.

We are all connected.

We, as in the three and them and me or we, as in just the three of them? The three of them were all executed it was easy to see the connection there, but what was my connection with them? Jacob was my ex-boyfriend. Daniel was Beatrice's boyfriend. What was the connection with Marley?

Then it hit me all at once.

That was a warning.

They were warning me that I would become like them.

Executed.

A/N So for all my followers who received my message, I really wasn't expected to get this done like an hour after I sent that out, but I kinda forced myself to. This chapter came out a lot better than I was expecting it to honestly, and a lot different than I had originally planned, but hey that happens. Anyway, sorry for the overdue update. I hope you all are continuing to like this book. Thank you all so much for giving me over 1,000 likes on this book. It really means a lot to me. I really don't know if this book would be where it is right now if I didn't have your support. I hope you enjoy!

Love,

Lori Mayne