Chapter Fifty Six - Just One Week

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hold my breath when I hear lies

Adore to see your eyes fly

I hold my breath when I hear lies

I'm colorblind when you deny

There is no time to let the blood dry

You are right in my heart

Look before you make it beat loud

Can you turn it down?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

One week.

All we had was one more week and the second month of this Marriage Contest would be over with and all that Belinda and I would have to endure is another month; another four weeks; thirty one days.

Five more days and I'd be over at Belinda's house. In five more days I'd be able to kiss her however many times I wanted for one night. In thirty six more days I'd be able to kiss her however many times I want for forever. She'd finally be mine.

I smiled and rolled out of bed. I shivered as the coldness hit my bare chest. I quickly pulled on a robe and walked over to my window. I looked out to see snow falling to the ground. The garden that was once so lively was now shriveled and dead. The fountain that used to have water flowing through it now had a small layer of ice built around it.

I thought back to the time where I had drawn Belinda's face instead of the garden and how frustrated I was once I had realized this. I chuckled quietly to myself and turned around.

My door cracked open and my maid walked in with a bucket of water, a razor and some soap. She looked at the bed with a confused expression and then looked over at me. Her eyes grew wide and she curtsied.

"I did not expect you up so early, Your Majesty," She spoke. "Is everything alright?"

"Everything is fine."

"I came to shave you." She gestured towards the supplies in her hands.

I rubbed my chin and felt the facial hair. "I need a good shave. It's been a while."

She nodded in agreement and pulled out the desk chair for me to sit in. I sat down and she started lathering my face with the soap before using the razor to scrape the hair off of my skin. Once she was done I looked over my appearance in the mirror. She didn't cut me once and there wasn't a hair left on my skin.

"Well done," I complimented.

"Thank you, Your Majesty."

She laid out some clothes on my bed and I shed the robe I was wearing. I shivered once again and pulled the button up shirt on. I put on the rest of the clothes my maid laid out for me and dismissed her from my room. I ran a comb through my hair and checked over my appearance once more. I slipped out of my room and down to the king's study.

My hand stopped mid-knock because I noticed a note on the door.

Andrew,

Make rounds to all of the rooms today. Stop by Belinda's last since this is the room that I will be in today.

-King James

I sighed and made my way back up the stairs. I stayed in my room longer than I had anticipated and by now it was about half past nine. I knocked on Lucinda's door and her trainer opened the door. She curtsied and stepped aside for me to come in. Lucinda stood up from her seat and curtsied. Lucinda sat back down in her seat and I could see a small smirk pulling at her lips.