0.03

The next morning when Brooklyn got up she immediately started to practice her craft. She did this every morning, before she got ready for school. When her sister got home last night she was told her about how Vicki was attacked last night by something in the woods and that they had no idea what it was. Brooklyn knew who and what it was. It was Damon, the sexy dangerous vampire she met last night. Once she was finished with her morning rituals, she moved around her room to get dressed. She heard the pebbles being thrown at her window and opened her curtains, and then the window itself.

"Rapunzel, Rapunzel let down your hair." it was Damon, he was down at the bottom of her window.

"I don't think you've been invited in."

"Not yet, you see. I have some questions for the girl who knows my name, but won't tell me hers."

"You need to earn a name."

"Then earn it, I shall. Come on, I'll walk you to school."

"Give me ten."

"Fine." Brooklyn quickly brushed her teeth in the hallway bathroom and then grabbed her bag. She grabbed a protein bar for breakfast and went out the front door. Damon was waiting for her outside near the side of the house as if not wanting to attract any unwanted attention.

"You're being very mysterious. If you try and eat me, I'll stake you."

"How do you know about me?"

"I knew the moment I met you and your hero-haired brother. And I bet you know who I am. Because I'm pretty sure you asked around about me."

"You're right. I know exactly who you are. You're Brooklyn Bennett. Meaning you're a witch. And I'm guessing a powerful one because your sister Bonnie hasn't come into her powers yet."

"I came into mine at the age of ten and have been training ever since." the pair got to know each other rather well on the walk to school and when they got to Mystic Falls High School, she was surprised to see Stefan there waiting for them.

"What the hell are you doing Damon?"

"Family drama, not my thing. See ya, Damon."

"Bye, Brooklyn."

"Brooklyn!" Caroline came rushing towards the girl and hugged her tightly.

"Well, hello there, Caroline. I missed you too."

"So Bonnie was telling me that your Grams says you guys are witches."

"Yep. Exciting stuff. Our ancestors were these really cool Salem witches or something. Grams tried to explain it all to us, but you know. Crazy old drunk lady. Bonnie thinks she's full of shit, but I don't know, I believe it."

"Yeah, well, feel free to conjure up the name and number of that guy from last night."

"What guy? You met a guy? Do tell."

"Tall, dark, and handsome. My God. He was beautiful."

"Why didn't you just talk to him? You're Caroline Forbes."

"Because I was drunk. Plus he was asking about you all night."

"What? What about me?"

"I'm not sure. I don't remember." it was Damon, she had met Damon. That's where he got all his information on the young witch from, he was using her like some puppet. Dammit, Damon. 

"I've got to get to class." Brooklyn walked towards Matt and smiled, "hey Matty."

"Hey, Brook."

"How's Vickie? I really am sorry about what happened."

"They're keeping her to make sure there's no infection."

"Does she know what attacked her?"

"She said vampire, and then passed out. It's crazy right."

"It is. She looked super drunk last night."

"Yeah, you're right. I'm gonna go to the hospital. I was headed there now."

"Well give her my wishes for a speedy recovery."

"She hates you."

"And I hate her. But I don't wish her any harm. Besides, I like you. You were my first crush, Matty blue-eyes."

"You never told me that.."

"I know. But the bell is about to ring so I should actually go to class."

Rudy Hopkins sat in the classroom with Mr. Tanner, his two daughters History teacher. To say he didn't like the guy was an understatement. He was rude and lacked any sympathy he thought it took to be a teacher. But he listened to his thoughts on his daughter;

"Brooklyn, there is a lot to say about Brooklyn."

"She's rebelled a bit since her mother left."

"You're right. She skips class with her friend Jeremy Gilbert constantly. Though she is smart, it's nothing out of this world. Her papers are well written and she is knowledgeable with certain parts of history, especially when the part of history interests her. She is outspoken on multiple issues our country as faced and she can back up the issues with many facts to support her argument. When she is in my class she is present and gives me her full attention. She tests well and if she actually showed up to my class more than two days a week she'd do even better in my class. She isn't failing, but there is a lot more she could be doing to push herself forward as a student."

-

When Brooklyn got home from school that day it wasn't a surprise to see her father waiting near the kitchen table for her. She had gone to cheerleading tryouts and made it onto the team easily. Caroline said that she was excited to have her and her dance abilities on the team.

"Hey, Dad. How was your day?"

"It was good. Mr. Tanner sure had a lot to say about you."

"I'm sure he did. That guys a dick."

"You didn't tell me you were in all A.P. classes."

"You didn't ask."

"You also didn't tell me that you are trying out for cheerleading this year."

"Again, you didn't ask."

"Well why wouldn't you just tell me?"

"Why would I tell you something that you don't even care about? You don't care about what is happening in my life. You care about what is happening in Bonnie's."

"That's not true."

"Don't lie. I know why you're this way."

"What are you referring to."

"I know why you hate me."

"I don't hate you, sweetheart. You just like to break all the rules."

"Yeah, because I'm just like my father."

"What?"

"Yeah, I know. You hate me because mom left me here when she left us. You aren't my father and I know that. You know that."

"Of course you aren't my daughter! You're just like the man."

"Well guess what? I don't like you very much either. But I think we're stuck with each other until I turn eighteen and I'm out of here. So stay out of my way and I'll stay out of yours." Brooklyn grabbed her bad and left the house. She told herself that her "father" no longer had control of what she did. And if he had a problem with that then she would just move out of the house and move in with her Grams. A place she could practice her craft openly.