0.20

Brooklyn wouldn't leave Stefan's side when Damon came out to check on him. Stefan didn't move or didn't say a word, not a two hours. She sat there with Brooklyn sitting so close to him that she was practically on his lap, making the young witch awkward since he was dating one of her friends. Finally he looked over at her and nodded, so she stood and helped him up.

"Go shower, Bunny. Maybe the heat will help wipe your mind." she pushed him in the direction of his bathroom and then went over to Damon, "we need to help him, however we can." 

It had been a week since they found Stefan with loads of blood bags in his room, he was avoiding school and self detoxing. Every afternoon when Brooklyn would get home from school she would go up to his room just to keep him company and do her homework. This day specifically she was skipping school and reading in an arm chair that sat in the corner, her legs over them.

"What are you reading?" Stefan asked coming into view.

"Uh I was assigned the Scarlet Letter today and I want to get ahead. Since I fell behind on the last book I was assigned.

"You don't have to always have to come in here and stay with me."

"We are friends. I care about you."

"Are you gonna tell Elena?"

"Not my place. She's been asking me what's going on, but I don't say anything."

"Thanks. I'm gonna turn on some music."

"Go ahead." Brooklyn didn't expect him to turn it up as loud as he did, but she was able to use a spell to create a sound barrier around her so she couldn't hear the music, only him if he talked. She noticed when he started using a support beam to do pull-ups. She hadn't noticed Damon walked in until he was waving a hand in front of her face and she dropped the sound barrier and noticed the music was off. 

"When are you goin' back to school?"

"Soon."

"Oh, come on. Just drink already. Come on." Damon said getting closer to Stefan and bending down to where he was doing push-ups, "this self-detox is unnatural." Brooklyn just noticed that he had a glass of blood in his hand and glared at the back of his head.

"Could you get that away from me, please?"

"How long did it take you to wean yourself off of it after you last indulged?" Stefan remained silent and moved positions again going to the chair next to Brooklyn and putting his feet on it, "that's not good."

"It doesn't matter, Damon. Let him do this his way."

"I'll be fine. It just takes a little bit of time. "

"I don't get it. You know, you don't have to kill to survive. That's what blood banks are for. I haven't hunted a human in--gahh--way too long."

"Oh, I'm impressed."

"It was completely self-serving. Trying to get the town off the trail of vampires, which is not very easy, considering there's an entire tomb of them running around."

"What are we planning on doing about that?" Stefan questioned standing up.

"We're not gonna be doing much of anything if you don't have your strength. There's nothing wrong with partaking in a healthy diet of human blood from a blood bank. You're not actually killing anyone."

"I have my reasons."

"Well, what are those holier-than-thou reasons? You know, we've never actually discussed that. You know, I-I'd love to hear this story." Damon lifted Brooklyn easily and sat in the chair she was sitting him and sat her down. She ran her book into his face forcefully and stood up moving over to Stefan's bed.