0.05

Brooklyn has been purposefully avoiding Damon, especially since Bonnie told her that the night she went over to the Gilbert household for dinner with Elena and Stefan, Damon had shown up with Caroline. She hated that Damon was using someone she considered a best friend to get to Stefan, and on top of the fact that he has been feeding from Caroline, without healing her was just confirming what she already knew; Damon was reckless and though Brooklyn like that he was so, she shouldn't count on him for anything, because in the end he will only do what is in his best interest. So Brooklyn, until Damon gets his head out of his own and stops using Caroline, is going to stay away from him. She refused to be the other woman, no matter how much she wanted him. 

So for all purposes that included staying away from Damon, it included doing a stupid car wash fundraiser thing for the school. Which is why she was currently on the phone with Caroline, talking about what bikini she should wear.

"No, Brooklyn. Listen, no one pieces. We are going for a stripper pole vibe this year."

"Because you know, that's all we're good for. Our bodies. Caroline you really give into the term dumb blonde." she said harshly to her friend.

"Bitch." Caroline called her from the other end of the phone, "anyways. I don't care which one you wear, the Harley Quinn one would work for all I care, I just need you to wear something hot so we can get lots of money."

"Right. Whatever. You'll be lucky if I show up at all."

"If you don't show up, I'll ruin your life."

"I don't doubt that at all, Caroline. Listen I gotta go. Bonnie is about to knock on my door, she wants to talk." Brooklyn said hanging up the phone, "come on in, Bonnie." she said to her sister.

"How did you know it was me?"

"The same way you know things. We're sister." Brooklyn told her with a smile. The girls talked for hours before finally falling asleep in Brooklyn's room.

The next morning Brooklyn proudly wore her Harley Quinn bikini and a black crop top, with some basic dark wash jean shorts, paired with combat boots to the school.

"What the hell are those?" Caroline demanded coming over to the two sisters

"You told me you don't care what I wear as long as it wasn't a one-piece." she defended to Caroline, using her own words against her.

"You know what, whatever. Change out of them, I have an extra pair of wedges in my car, you can wear."

"Wedges, really? I'm tall enough without heels. I'll go barefoot."

"Good. Then start washing cars."

"Sir, yes, sir." Brooklyn gave her a little salute before flicking her off and going back over to her car, she took off her combat boots and walked back over. She found the car she was supposed to be washing with Tyler Lockwood and smiled over at the tall jock, "hey, dickhead. How's it going?"

"Oh, you know. Same old, same old."

"Sounds boring."

"It is very boring." Brooklyn smiled at the dickhead and started to wash the car, "you know what?"

"What?" Brooklyn asked, moving her hair over her shoulder.

"Why didn't we ever..."

"Date? Tyler, honey. You aren't exactly my type."

"Lesbian. I get it. That's cool."

"First. Rude. I'm not a lesbian. I like guys. We never dated because you aren't dangerous enough. I like the bad boys. That's my type."

"I'm a bad boy, Brooke."

"And I'm white, Ty. Another reason we never dated? You're a complete dick to my best friend."

"Jeremy, that kids a punk."

"And you're a dick to that punk kid." Brooklyn felt her sister using magic and looked over at her with a concern, she just nodded letting her know she was okay. 

Brooklyn noticed immediately when Elena finally left Stefan's side and the young witch went over to him.

"Hey bunny lover. How's it going?"

"Hello, Brooklyn. I haven't seen you around much."

"Avoiding your brother. Things got really weird and the whole Caroline thing, not cool."

"I was beginning to think you were immune to his dickish ways."

"Not completely. Where is Sir Dicks-a-lot?"

"Locked up, laced with vervain. I'm currently starving him in my houses cellar."

"Kinky. I like it. Teach him a lesson."

"Someone who agrees with me."

"Don't expect it to always happen, bunny lover."

"You seem to know a lot."

"I'm a good listen. I can tell who feeds on humans and who feeds on animals. I'm perceptive, little witch. Speaking of; hello, Elena. Bye, Elena."

"Bye, Brooklyn." Brooklyn walked back over to her sister and stood next to her.

"How are you doing?"

"Awful. I wish we could leave."

"Sweeper duty."" Tiki said coming over to the Bennett sisters.

"What?" Bonnie asked.

"We have to clean the pavement."

"It's a car wash. By definition, the pavement's clean." Brooklyn said 

"But not dry."

"And I'm doing this why?" Bonnie asked. 

"Caroline bailed, so that leaves me in charge."

"You aren't in charge of shit, Tiki. Come on Bonnie, let's just go."

"Let's just do it, Brooklyn." Bonnie stood up from the car she was leaning on and looked down at the ground, Brooklyn knew she felt the power of the Bennett line coursing through her veins.

"Bonnie?" Brooklyn saw that the fire that Bonnie had started now engulfed a car, and she was trying to get her sister out of the trance she was in. But she couldn't, "shit." she used her magic and began to snuff the fire out.

"Bonnie!" Stefan's voice rang through Brooklyn's ears as she focused on putting out the fire, "Bonnie!" it was out finally and Stefan got Bonnie to turn around and look at him. 

"Brooklyn? What just happened?"

"You were in some kind of trance." Stefan told her.

"Did I do this?"

"I think so, yeah."

"Nobody else saw, did they?" Stefan shook his head, "no? Don't tell anybody." Stefan gave her a curt nod, "please."

"We need to leave." Brooklyn said grabbing Bonnie's hand and taking her over to the car. Brooklyn drove them to their Gram's house. When she knocked on the door Bonnie was crying.

"I don't know, what's happening to me."

"I know, dear." Shelia Bennett welcomed her two granddaughter into her home with open arms.

"OH, Grams." Brooklyn said hugging he Grams tightly, before holding Bonnie in her arms.