0.09

Brooklyn stood in front of the mirror at her dance studio, she hit the play button on the small CD player remote and listened as the music began. She smiled to her partner. Her partner was older than her, but he was beyond talented and she appreciated that. Dancing allowed her to get her mind off things. They went through the routine she created, and smiled when they finished.

"Oh, babe. Honestly it's so good!" her partner praised, kissing the young girls forehead.

"Thanks Val." 

"I haven't seen you in awhile. Everything okay?"

"Eh, lots going on at home. Um... turns out the man I'm living with isn't truly my father. My mother had an affair before she left." Val looked at the girl and sighed.

"I'm so sorry. Do you have any idea who your dad is?"

"None at all. Maybe if I can find my mom, she could tell me."

"Maybe, well I hope to see you more again. I've missed your asshole personality around here." Brooklyn couldn't help but smile.

"I hope, because this is my ticket into Julliard." Brooklyn said.

"I've got to get home. Wife is expecting me."

"I'll lock up. I'm staying."

"Be safe. Strange things are happening in Mystic Falls right now."

"You have no idea. See you soon, Valentin."

"See you Lyn." Val walked out of the studio and Brooklyn started piecing together a new routine to a song she fell in love with last night. She sang along to the lyrics of Stitches as she danced, it was midnight by the time she finished at the studio and walked out, gym bag on her arm, she locked the dance studios door and let out a gasp when she saw Damon behind her.

"I was getting worried about you. Caroline mentioned that if you're not home you're most likely at the dance studio the next town over."

"Well, you found me."

"You're mad."

"Of course I'm mad. You scared the shit out of my sister, lied to me about breaking up with Caroline. Honestly Damon. You're the worst person in exist and for some unknown reason it just makes me want you even more."

"This is who I am, Brooklyn. I'm not changing for anyone."

"I'm not even asking you to change! I just want you to break up with Caroline. It's that fucking simple. I like that you're the bad boy, because if we're being honest. I'm not a nice fucking girl." Brooklyn walked to her car and put her bag in the trunk and closed it and looked up at Damon, "Damon, you know my requirements and until Caroline comes to me herself and tells me you two broke up and is possibly crying over it like her over-emotional ass will nothing will happen between us. Now if you will please let me go home." she got into her car and started it, turned on her music and drove off. When she looked in the review mirror and Damon was gone. She sighed and kept driving until she pulled into the driveway. 

"It's after midnight, Brooklyn!" her father complained, "you have school tomorrow!"

"Oh well." she shrugged, dragging herself upstairs.

"You're grounded! I will not be disrespected in my own house."

"Listen Rudy, you're not my fucking father. You cannot tell me what to do. Your rules no longer apply to me."

"Then I want you out of my house! You will no longer be my problem."

"Fine! I'll fucking leave then!" she slammed her bedroom door shut and started to pack some things. She grabbed the grimore and dialed the only person she thought.

"Brooklyn?"

"Hey, Stefan. Can I stay with you a couple days. I'm really sorry. Rudy is kicking me out. And I can practice openly at your house."

"You do know Damon is here right?" Stefan laughed and it made Brooklyn smile.

"I know, I'll just hurt him. But is that-"

"Of course. I wouldn't want you sleeping in your car. When should I-"

"An hour, tops."

"See you then. I'm glad you consider me enough of a friend to ask."

"Thank you for being a friend to say yes. I know it's a lot to ask."

"It's not though. See you soon."

"Thanks again, Stefan." Brooklyn hung up the phone and continued packing. She left her room and went to the bathroom and began packing everything she would need. She went back into her room and collected her things, she knocked on Bonnie's door and peered inside, she wasn't home. She sighed and left the house. She pulled into the driveway of the Salvatore Boarding House and smiled when she saw Stefan waiting for her. He took her bags and wrapped an arm around her shoulders. Damon was drinking a glass of bourbon and smiled to Brooklyn.

"Hello, little witch. When my brother told me you were going to be staying with us. I was shocked to say the least."

"Well, I didn't have many options."

"Ignore him, I'll show him to your guest room." Stefan said. Brooklyn nodded and followed Stefan. She looked around the room.

"Thank you, again Stefan."

"It's really no problem. Are you going to be okay?"

"Yeah, I'm gonna shower. Do you have food?"

"Of course." Stefan laughed, "bathroom is just through that door." he pointed to it and she smiled. Stefan left and the girl let down her hair and went into the bathroom. She let the warm water cascade down her body and let it soak into her muscle. Once she was finished she wrapped a towel around her body and got into some shorts and a tanktop. She made her way downstairs and into the kitchen. She looked around and started to make some pasta. 

"Hey, there, Little Witch."

"Hey, there, Dick Head." Brooklyn smiled at Damon and went back to cooking. 

"What happened with your dad?"

"First off, he's not my father. He's just some guy. But he got pissed that I came home after midnight on a school night." she drained the pasta and poured on the Alfredo sauce on it, "I told him that he couldn't control me after he tried to ground me. And so he kicked me out for being disrespectful. So I called Stefan." she took a bite of her pasta and looked at Damon. He pulled her closer by her hips and hugged her.

"I'm really sorry, Brooklyn." she looked at Damon like he was possessed and poked his cheek, "yes, it's me. I just-I just really care about you."

"Well, thank you."

"Do you care about me?" Damon kissed Brooklyn's neck, but she just pushed her away.

"You know I do. But I won't any longer if you don't let me eat. I get mean when I'm hungry. Hangry if you must." Damon laughed and gave Brooklyn a kiss before letting her go back to her food. Once she was finished it was one thirty in the morning, she put the dishes she used in the dishwasher and looked over at Damon, "I should go to bed, I do have to go to school tomorrow." she said.

"Come on, Little Witch." Damon lifted Brooklyn over his shoulder and carried her into her bedroom. He threw her on her bed and kissed her lips haphazardly before leaving her room. She sighed rather loudly and fell asleep.