0.06

Halloween has always been Brooklyn's favorite holiday. She thought about her costume months in advanced and always went all out. This year she decided to go ironic with her costume and dress up like an Angel. It was ironic because if anyone really knew her, she was anything but an Angel. 

So when she showed up the high school for the yearly Halloween carnival she was happy. She instantly saw Matt and went up to her.

"Oh, Matty blue eyes. Looking gorgeous as ever my friend."

"You're too, Brook."

"If you weren't so boy next door. I'd definitely- mhm. Delicious." Brooklyn gave him a smile before continuing on the way, looking for different things to do.

"You've been avoiding me." Damon said pulling her into an empty classroom.

"I have. You're very observant for someone who has their head stuck up their ass so far."

"You're angry."

"Yes, you're using Caroline to get to Elena. It's not nice."

"You're the one who turned me down, little witch."

"Because, I'm not some play thing, Damon. I have feelings."

"And I have feelings too, Brooklyn. Ones that you turned down."

"You keep bringing that up. I'm not some easy little tramp who will hop into bed with you because you give me that cute little smirk of yours. I want something real. I want somebody with a sharp intellect and a heart from hell. Somebody with eyes like starfire and a mouth with a kiss like a bottomless well. But what I want most of all, before I decided to give myself to anyone; I want someone to love me, even when I can't love myself."

"Then you've come to the wrong person." Damon admitted to the young witch.

"You only are saying that because, you don't love yourself. You don't think you deserve to find someone to have an epic love with. Well I say you do, and when you're ready to give a shot at something real. Something that isn't temporary. Something you want for the long haul, I'm here. But until then, I don't really wanna hear about you and Caroline." Brooklyn walked away to go find Jeremy, who she hasn't seen all night, "Jeremy?" she followed her instincts until she was outside and found Jeremy and Vicki making out, "ooh. Dude so sorry to interrupt. Glad to see you back, bitch. Everyone was super worried."

"I'm so sick of you, Brooklyn. Just admit the reason you hate me is because you're in love with Jeremy."

"You are so right Vicki.  I'm deeply in love with Jeremy." Brooklyn noticed immediately that the girl was now a vampire, she sighed, "Damon." she whispered, rolling her eyes.  Brooklyn noticed that Vicki transformed and was about to charge at her, she was caught off guard by Elena.

"VICKI! NO!" she tried to hit Vicki over the head with a board, but it didn't do anything, so Vicki made Elena fly, landing in a pile of wooden pallets with a thud. Brooklyn looked over at the vampire, and gave her an aneurysm, causing the baby vampire to cower in pain. Elena got up, as Stefan came taking control of the situation.

"Go, get inside." Brooklyn said pushing the two Gilbert's towards the school after Vicki disappeared, "let's get that bitch, Salvatore." they were both caught off guard by Elena screaming, which caused Brooklyn to use her magic yet again to get Vicki away from the human. Taking Elena in her arms, as Stefan staked Vicki. She desicatted in front of them and died right after Stefan pulled out the stake.

"Vicki! Vicki!" Brooklyn held onto Jeremy as he cried.

"Get him out of here, Brooklyn." she nodded taking her best friend and driving them to her house. Her white dressed was ruin from the blood Elena had lost, but she didn't care. She was too concerned over how her partner in crime was doing. The pair went to Jeremy's room and sat next to each other on his bed, Brooklyn had her back against the frame while Jeremy had his head on her lap, crying. She ran her fingers through his hair as a form of comfort and wished she could make the pain go away, but it was impossible for her to do that.Only a vampire could compel that. She was angry, she was angry with Damon, but she still couldn't help the attraction she had towards the male, so she was angry with herself as well.

They sat there together. Brooklyn helping Jeremy as best as she could. Elena soon joined them and looked at the two friends with remorse. Jeremy sat up and looked at his sister.

"Do you understand what happened tonight?" Elena asked her brother. 

"No. I don't understand. Any of it. I mean, I know what I saw, but...I don't understand."

"She was going to kill me."

"Now she's dead. Vicki's dead."

"I'm so sorry, Jer." Elena tried to comfort her younger brother, but he coiled back into Brooklyn.

"Make it stop. It hurts."

"Shh, shh, shh, shh. It's okay, Jeremy." Brooklyn said looking down at her confused and heartbroken friend.

"Why does everybody have to die on me?"

"Oh, my God. Come here." the two siblings hugged and Brooklyn stood, getting ready to leave the Gilbert's to have a bit of alone time together, but Jeremy grabbed her hand and pulled her into his body. After Elena left to go talk to Stefan, Jeremy grabbed onto Brooklyn.

"Will you stay here, tonight?"

"Yes." Brooklyn promised.

Damon came into the room a couple minutes later, and she knew why he was here. To make Jeremy forget. And she was okay with it. She looked at the male and then down at her best friend. He knelled in front of Jeremy and caught his gaze.

"Vicki left town and shes not coming back. You don't need to look for her, because you know she is going to be okay." just as quickly as he came in he was gone, he left right after Jeremy recited back what Damon had said, "I'll call you tomorrow, Brooklyn. We need to talk." Brooklyn just nodded her head at the raven-haired vampire and cuddled into her best friend, providing the comfort of heartbreak.