0.18

Brooklyn laid in bed looking up at the ceiling and debated if she was going to school today. She decided if she didn't want to fall behind she should. As she stood quickly started to get ready for the day, not exactly looking forward to going to school. When she got to school she was pulled quickly towards locker by Stefan.

"Whoa! Hands off bunny." she said harshly straightening out her jacket before looking at him and Elena, "what to you possibly need from me?"

"Has Damon talked to you?"

"No and I'm glad. He kind of killed our history teacher. I like Alaric. Why?"

"He hasn't said a word to me either. Every time I try to talk to him, he shuts me down."

"Sucks. Bye now." Brooklyn said turning on her heel and going over to her own locker to get her books out before heading to class. She looked over to her right and saw Jeremy, "hey, bestie. Haven't heard from your in awhile. Your new girlfriend taking up all your time?"

"She isn't my girlfriend. I'm feeling the look today by the way. Very gothy." he said. 

"Thanks." she said with a slight smile. The bell rang, "well off I go. See you later, Jer."

The day was dragging by and it was killing Brooklyn, she was dying to be back home and in her bed still trying to get the spell to contact her grandmother to work. She felt the darkness in her heart spreading each day and craved to have blood on her hands once again. She didn't know if this all started because of Damon or because fate hated the young witch. So when the final bell rang for the day and she got in her car to go home she was surprised when she got into the living room and saw two vampires. Anna and her mother Pearl.

"Don't mind me." she said.

"Brooklyn, I heard you were living here. But a witch living with vampires? I didn't believe it at first." Anna said.

"Well, these two vampires hold a special place in my heart. Speaking on the Salvatore he comes my least favorite one now. Damon, welcome home."

"Don't lie to them, Brooklyn. I'm your favorite one. And ever hear of knocking?"

"An invitation wasn't necessary. I'm surprised that you don't have Brooklyn as the house owner or you wouldn't have that problem." Pearl said, "is it just you and your brother, plus the witch?"

"Yeah." Anna confirmed, "how do you keep out unwelcome vampires?"

"Kill them." Damon said. He rushed forward and grabbed Pearl by the neck but she was stronger than him.

"Have a seat, Damon." Pearl said, "I was hoping we could have a word. You may stay, Brooklyn." Brooklyn decided to stay and sat next to Damon on the couch.

"Sure."

"We've taken up residence at a farm house just outside of town." Pearl informed them, "it'll suffice for now."

"All twenty-five vampires? In a small farmhouse? I am surprised you haven't lost some by now." Brooklyn pointed out, "fighting over food and general distaste."

"Not all. Some. I imagine that a few have already left town. Others are probably still in the woods or, like us, acclimating."

"How'd they get out of the tomb?"

"I think the witch screwed up that part of the hocus-pocus." Anna said looking over at Brooklyn, the witch stood quickly.

"Oh." Damon said pulling Brooklyn back down to sit on the couch. 

"I understand from Anna that the Founding Families still have a secret council?"

"And you're a part of it." Anna said