0.19

The next morning Brooklyn was woken up to a very obnoxious pounding sound coming from downstairs. She pulled herself out of bed, not caring about her appearance.

"What the hell are you doing?" she asked Damon.

"Boarding up the window those two vampires came through last night. I say we go to Pearl's, bust down the door, and annihilate the idiot that attacked us last night."

"Yeah? And then what? We turn to the rest of that house of vampires and say, "oops. Sorry?" Stefan questioned. The witch sat in one of the arm chairs, her legs going over one of the sides and looked over at the brothers before settling onto Elena.

"I can't believe you made a deal with her." Elena said.

"If she goes after Tyler, I'm gonna fuck their shit up." Brooklyn warned, "he's a good guy underneath all the douchey behavior. He doesn't know shit about the council or anything, it'd be stupid for him to die."

"It was more like a helpful exchange of information. And it was not like I had a choice. She's... scary." Damon said, "besides, she's gonna help me get Katherine back." Brooklyn rolled her eyes over the fact that Damon was still hung up on Katherine. He told her constantly that he wanted her, but she refused to give herself over to a man who was clearly still in love with someone else. She wasn't going to be second choice to anyone. 

"Of course she is." Elena said, "Damon gets what he wants, as usual. No matter who he hurts in the process."

"You don't have to be snarky about it."

"I woke up this morning to learn that all the vampire haven been released from the tomb. I've earned snarky." Damon sighed taking a seat next to Brooklyn in another arm chair, he looked over at her and saw the expression that was on her face, one he couldn't quite tell meant.

"How long are you going to blame me for turning your birth mother into a vampire?"

"I'm not blaming you, Damon. I've accepted the fact that you're a self-serving psychopath. With no redeeming qualities."

"Ouch."

"This isn't be very productive. We're gonna figure out a way to deal with Pearl and the vampires. Yeah? Can we count on your help, Brooklyn?" the witch looked over at the youngest brother and nodded. Damon left the room leaving the three others to look at each other.

"I'm sorry. He just makes me so cranky."

"I know. He makes everybody cranky."

"As much as I love to see you two crazy kids in love. I'm gonna go shower and do something else." Brooklyn said standing and going into her bedroom. She turned on the water to start a bath and put some bubble bath into it. The aroma of lavender enveloped her senses and before the tub was done filling she sunk her body into it. Her legs hung out of the tub, "tall girl problems." she said to herself. She sat in the tub until the water go too cold and her fingers were wrinkly. She stood and wrapped herself in a clear towel before draining the water from the tub. She went over to the counter where the sink was and brushed her teeth before smothering herself in lotion to make her skin soft. When she got back into her bedroom, Damon laid on the bed, "what do you want?"

"Why do you let Elena talk to me like that?"

"Are you seriously pouting right now? I'm not your keeper, or your mother, or your girlfriend. I'm barely even your friend. Plus you're a big boy, if it hurts your feelings so bad say something dumbass." Brooklyn said, "now leave so I can get dressed. Or I'll remove your eyes completely from your head." Damon held up his hands and left the room. Brooklyn went through her clothes finally settling on an outfit. She went back into the bathroom and tried to figure out something to do with her hair before finally settling on leaving it go natural for the day. She wasn't going anywhere, so what was the point. She went downstairs to sit in the study with her grimoire to go over potential spells she could use against the tomb vampires when the Salvatore brother's go after them. She didn't expect Damon to be in there fixing the wall clock, so she just sat down and started going through the grimoire.