0.24

When Brooklyn got up she immediately had to get ready for the Founder's Day celebration. So she did what she had to do as quickly as she could so she could catch a ride with Damon before he left her at the house. She went running downstairs, nearly tripping over the last step because of how fast she was going. She saw Damon about to leave.

"Cutting it a bit close."

"Sorry. Woke up late." they walked outside and got into Damon's car and drove towards the school. They saw Stefan walking around in his historic day attire and walked over to him.

"Look at you, all retro." Damon said.

"What are you doing here?"

"Why wouldn't I be here? Bonnie and Brooklyn deactivated the Gilbert invention. Isobel's gone." Damon laughed, "and it's Founder's Day. I'm here to eat cotton candy and steal your girl." Damon said with a smiling.

"Don't start with me, Damon."

'Oh, you started it, Stefan, with that whole "I'm insecure, leave Elena alone" speech. I'm just enjoying that."

"As long as you heard it."

"Huh? What?" Damon pretended, Stefan let out a laugh and looked at Brooklyn, "you have no sense of humor, Stefan."

"Actually, I just have no sense of Damon humor." Stefan started to walk away. 

"Damon humor--hey, look. I get it. I get it." Damon and Brooklyn followed after him, "I'm the better, hotter,"

"Debatable." Brooklyn said, Damon ignored the witches statement and continued talking.

"Superior choice, and you're scared now that Katherine's out of the picture that I'm gonna turn all my attention to Elena. But don't worry. Elena is not Katherine."

"You're right. She's not." Damon looked over and they all saw Elena in her Founder's Day attire and she bowed gracefully to the three of them. 

"I'm gonna go find myself busy. This is boring." Brooklyn complained. She walked around and found Tyler taking a picture of Bonnie and Caroline.

"Oh Brooklyn! I want one with Brooklyn! Who is- how do you look gorgeous is such a destroyed pair of jeans and a cropped hoodie?"

"It's a skill. No pictures." Tyler looked over at her as Caroline shrugged and walked away.

"You aren't angry with me anymore?"

"Life is too short. Unless I die a painful death at your hands. I'll find a way to come back from the dead and torture you. But that's really for anyone who decides to cross me." she said loudly knowing that Bonnie would hear her.

"Odd thing to say." Brooklyn shrugged and walked over to where she could see the Founder's Day parade. She found Damon and stood next to him, she felt Bonnie behind them and he looked back at her.

"What do you want?"

"Just watching the parade." Damon said, Bonnie turned around and Damon followed her, "where are you going?"

"Away from you."

"I want to say something to you." Damon said.

"Just leave me alone."

"Thank you. The device that Emily spelled could have killed me. I don't take what you and Brooklyn did lightly, so... thank you."

"I did it or Elena and I think you should be thanking Brooklyn more than me, she is the one who did it for you."

"I know that. But I'm still try grateful to the both of you. And... I owe you. Enjoy the parade." Damon said, he turned back around and walked away. Brooklyn turned around and followed after him going to the Grill and she found Damon talking to Elena. She sat at the bar and ordered some food quickly. She saw Damon follow after Jeremy and rolled her eyes, staying put in her seat. She ate her food in silence, enjoying the quiet for once. She actually got to finish her food and sat there waiting for her check, once it finally came she rejoined the festivities of the day. She walked around completely bored and wondered why she even came to this damn thing.