0.17

Bonnie had left town after their Gram's funeral. She left to go be with their Aunt. So Brooklyn was left in Mystic Falls to clean up after their grandmothers death. Brooklyn avoided her friends like the plague, she wasn't upset with Elena like Bonnie was over the outcome of what had happened, but she didn't really feel like talking to anyone.

She sat in silence in her room at the Salvatore's and chanted a spell over and over again. She wanted to connect to her Grams, but the spell was more difficult than she imagined. She just wanted to apologize, she wanted to know if she felt the darkness in her heart like she did. She felt the blood running down her nose, but she didn't care.

"Stop that Little Witch. You're gonna kill yourself." Damon said from the doorway.

"I'm surprised you even noticed with your orgy going on downstairs."

"Is someone jealous."

"Not in the slightest. Just leave me the hell alone. I helped you open the tomb to find your girlfriend you were desperate to find, and she wasn't there. Stop wallowing in self-pity and get out of my room."

"Someone is hostile. Do you need a drink." Brooklyn stood and walked over to Damon.

"I need you to leave me the hell alone before I kill you." Brooklyn used magic to push him out of her door and slammed it shut. Brooklyn heard the front door open and picked up on Stefan's voice, she went downstairs and looked at him, "finally the sane brother has arrived. Get him to turn the music off, I'm trying to do a spell and I can't concentrate."

"She is being a bitch, Stefan. Ignore her. You're worried about me. That's nice. Don't be. There's no need. I'm fine. Why wouldn't I be? Spent the last one-hundred and forty-five years with one goal, get in that tomb. I succeeded. Granted, Katherine wasn't in there to be rescued, but why dwell. No, it's so liberating not having a master plan, because I can do whatever the hell I want."

"That's kind of what I'm afraid of." Stefan said turning around.

"Relax. I haven't killed anyone in--" Damon sighed trying to think, "too long."

"Those girls?" Brooklyn questioned, "what is your plan to do with them?"

"Will end up in their dorm with headaches, think they blacked out. Business as usual. Predictable you didn't pull me over here for a pep talk. So drink up. Spill it, brother." Damon said handing Stefan the bottle.

"There was a woman you may have known a few years back named Isobel in North Carolina at Duke."

"You wanna discuss the women in my past right now? Seriously?"

"You killed her."

"What's your point?"

"I just-just wanna know if you remember anything about her." Brooklyn looked over at Stefan, she was curious as to why he was asking about this one particular women in Damon's past. Why would she matter?

"Oh, it's like a need in a haystack, Stefan."

"Well, think hard. It's important." Damon pulled Stefan in closer by his shoulder.

"Nothing is important, not anymore." Damon patted Stefan on the shoulder, "great chat. I have to go and exploit some women in the name of grief, which I'm sure you understand. Brooklyn care for a go."

"Only in your wildest dreams" Brooklyn went back up to her room and sat on her bed staring at the Grimoire in front of her. She shoved it away, letting it land on the floor with a thud. She laid back and looked up at the ceiling, "guide me." she whispered. She wanted to feel connected again, but it was hard. Damon was off the deep end and she didn't really want to talk to anyone else. He understood her better than she did sometimes, she looked around the room and wished she could get away from the thoughts inside her head. The thoughts that were telling her she should kill Elena for the pain she had caused Bonnie, but she'd be killed herself and she wasn't prepared to die. She picked up her phone and went through her contacts, thinking of who else she could call but nobody came to mind. Without Damon the young witch was lost, she didn't really have friends not who she could talk openly with, Jeremy wouldn't understand her feelings. Nobody ever would.