0.23

Brooklyn sat next to to Tyler at this Founders Day thing, she rolled her eyes when Alaric came over to him. She didn't want to be here, but he offered her extra credit if she did. Which was something she needed since she hasn't been going to school everyday.

"These are the specs for the history department's Founder's Day float. We're gonna be recreating the battle of Willow Creek. Tyler's been nominated head of the production design."

"By who?"

"Bye me. I've seen your sketches, and they're good."

"Look, I'm not really into the whole--"

"Yeah, well, you just pick your team, be creative, and... and don't screw up." Brooklyn watched Alaric walk off and go over to Elena. She felt a nudge.

"Be on my team? Stop being mad at me and be on my team."

"I'm not mad at you. Just slightly grossed out." Brooklyn said, "I'd much rather you see makeout with Matty than his mother, but that's just me." Tyler rolled his eyes and then looked over at Matt.

"You want to help me out with this?"

"Not really, no." Brooklyn was pulled up from her seat by Alaric.

"Come on." he said. She saluted the boys and left with Alaric, Stefan, and Elena. He told him that Isobel was in town and wanting to see Elena, and if she refused she'd start killing people in the town. They all agreed that they needed to call Damon as well and finally after what felt like a long time to the young witch, Damon walked into the classroom, "Damon. Thanks for coming."

"Sorry I'm late. The dog ate my, uh..never mind." he looked around the room, "what's all the furrowed brows?"

"I saw Isobel last night."

"Isobel's here? In town?" Alaric nodded and he looked around the room.

"Did you ask her about Uncle John?" Damon asked, "are they working together."

"No."

"No they're not?"

"No, I didn't ask."

"What about the invention?"

"Didn't ask."

"Does she know about the tomb of vampires?"

"I don't know."

"Did words completely escape you?"

"Pretty sure, that he was in a bit of a shock on find his estranged wife standing next to him at all, to ask her a bunch of fucking questions." Brooklyn said in a hateful tone. 

"What did she want?"

"She wants to see me, Damon." Elena said looking at the raven haired vampire.

"Alaric is supposed to arrange a meeting. We don't know why or what she wants."

"You don't have to see her if you don't want to."

"I don't really have a choice."

"She's threatened to go on a killing spree."

"Oh. I take it that's... not ok with you guys."

"I want to do it. I want to meet her. If I don't, I know I'll regret it." Brooklyn went to the grill with Stefan. The two played pool, Brooklyn figured Elena was talking to Stefan but she couldn't hear what she was saying so she took another shot. She saw the woman that had to be Isobel and looked at her. Stefan gave her a look after awhile.

"What?"

"She knows I'm here and you too." Brooklyn nodded and took another shot. She didn't think Isobel would make a scene in public, but she can't take any chances.