Chapter 19

"Where have you been Hermione?" Harry's voice met her as Hermione walked into the common room.

"Out."

"Out?" Harry looked skeptical. "Out where? We looked everywhere for you. We thought it'd be fun for all five of us to go to Hogsmeade today. Eventually we had to go or we would've been left behind by the carriages." He paused, still waiting for an answer. "Hermione?"

"Hmm?" Hermione asked absentmindedly still thinking about the bizarre day she just had.

"So? Where were you today?"

"Oh. I went out into the muggle world," replied Hermione. Well, it's true.

"Why?"

Because I wanted to spend time with – was coerced by Draco Malfoy. "I needed to get a book."

"A book?" Harry was still looking at her closely, not fully believing her.

His stare was unnerving Hermione and she knew he would see right through her. It was time to turn her 'Hermione-ness' on full blast. "It's not just any book. It's written by this muggle author, Stephenie Meyer. The series is called Twilight and I absolutely love it. The newest one came out today and I had to have it. I couldn't wait! It's about vampires – "

"Okay, okay," Harry interrupted. He knew he needed to stop her when she started talking at light speed. When Hermione got excited about a book, she would ramble on about it until his ears fell off. "Let me guess, you would have been home earlier but you couldn't wait so you ended up reading the whole thing in the bookstore." Harry shook his head, smiling at his friend.

"You know me so well," Hermione answered, smiling back. She would have been home earlier if it wasn't for that movie theater they passed by on the way back from the restaurant...

"Why is it so dark? Are you planning to kill us?" Draco whispered to Hermione as she led them into the dark theater.

"Yes," Hermione replied sarcastically. "After spending all day with you, I'm leading you into a dark cave so that you won't recognize me. Honestly!" She scoffed. "Besides, would you really ask a potential murderer that? 'Excuse me, but are you planning to kill us?' 'Why yes, I am.' 'Oh, jolly good. We're going to run away now, then. Cheerio.'"

"Merlin! It's just a simple question Granger, no need to get snarky."

"This is a movie theater where we're going to watch a movie," Hermione said in her lecture voice. "I just thought it'd be fun to do something you and Sophie have never done before. Simple enough?"

"Yes, thank you." Draco replied, matching her proper tone. "What's a movie?"

"Shut up and you'll see."

Sophie laughed at hearing 'Shut up'.

"Language, Granger, language. There are little ears present."

Seeing a movie with the Malfoys was quite the experience to say the least. Obviously they had never been to a movie theater before (or had seen a movie for that matter) so they didn't know what to expect. Draco, to Hermione's amusement, actually whipped his wand out in defense when the screen first came to life. Luckily, because it was an old matinee movie, they were pretty much the only ones in the theater. Sophie thoroughly enjoyed it and in the end Draco reluctantly admitted that he didn't find it that bad either. By the time the movie ended, it was almost time for dinner so they decided to search for a restaurant.

"Hermione?"

"Hmm?" Hermione realized Harry was still talking to her.

"I said you were out pretty early this morning. Ginny and Genevieve said they didn't even see you in the girl's dorms."