Chapter 25

"Hermione!" Sophie greeted when Hermione stepped through the door of the suite.

"Hey Sophie," Hermione said as she walked in and gave the girl a hug.

"Wow, you look really pretty."

"Thanks Sophie. Is your brother here?"

"He – "

"I'm right here," Draco answered as he walked into the room. He met Hermione's eyes. "She's right you know," he added. "You look beautiful."

Hermione blushed. "Thanks," she answered with a shy smile.

"Are you ready to go?" Draco asked.

"Yes," Hermione answered.

Draco leaned down to pick Sophie up in his arms. "You have to promise to be a good girl tonight ok?" Sophie nodded. "I got Dobby to make you your favourite dinner and some ice cream for dessert. I'll come see you tomorrow. Uncle Sev will come by later to tuck you in," At that Sophie beamed. "You have to be good and go to bed when he says ok? I don't want to hear about you making deals with Uncle Sev to change your bedtime again." Hermione could tell Draco was trying not to smile. "Are we clear?" Sophie nodded, her face turning serious but Hermione could detect a mischievous twitch in the corner of her mouth. "Alright, that's my girl," Draco murmured, holding Sophie tightly in a hug.

"Love you Drake," Sophie said returning the hug.

"Love you too Izzy," Draco said, letting her go with a kiss on the forehead.

As soon as she was down, Sophie turned to Hermione and gave her a big hug. "Goodnight Hermione."

"Goodnight Sophie," Hermione answered, affectionately ruffling the girl's hair.

"Be good," Draco reminded as he held out a watch – the watch that Hermione remembered they used as a Portkey the first time she left the castle with the Malfoys.

"Where are we going?" Hermione asked as she placed her hands on the watch.

"It's a surprise," Draco replied and Hermione felt the familiar tug on her navel as Sophie's suite fell away.

oOoOoOoOoOo

When Hermione opened her eyes, she found herself standing in the middle of a dark alley. As her eyes adjusted to the darkness, she noticed that they were in a small side street in what looked like a medieval town. Made of stone, the walls that were around her were definitely not modern and she could detect the sweet smell of flowers in the air. As the street sloped down, Hermione noticed more lights in the distance.

"Where are we?" she asked, sensing Draco beside her.

"I'll tell you when we get there," Draco replied, taking her hand in his. "Follow me."

They walked down small, twisted streets between quaint, old-fashioned houses. Flowers seemed to hang everywhere which explained the scent. They made their way closer to the lights Hermione saw, which she now presumed was the center square of the village. Just before they reached the main part, Draco led her away into another side street where they found a restaurant.

The door to the restaurant was small, not unlike the entrance to the Leaky Cauldron. It would be easy to miss if you didn't know it was there. The door opened just as they neared it, bathing the street in light for a moment as a couple stepped out. Hermione noticed a small sign hanging by the door with the words 'Restaurant de Philippe'.

Draco followed her gaze and laughed. "He's not very original," he said as he opened the door.

Original or not, Hermione had to admire whoever Philippe was. The restaurant was warm and pleasant, with a homey, comfortable feeling that made Hermione want to sigh in contentment. The smells coming from the kitchen were indescribable and Hermione's mouth started to water. As she looked around, she noticed that it was quite busy for such an unassuming place.