Cover

"They're gonna get in so much trouble." Sean said to me as we were walking back.

"Not if they don't get caught." I added.

"No, trust me. They're gonna get in trouble."

"How do you know?"

"Did you see their eyes? They were so red." He pointed out.

"So?"

"So they'll get busted for being high. Your eyes get red when your high." He explained.

"Well, doesn't that stuff wear off or something?" I asked. If the redness wore off then no one would know about this except us. Besides, they've probably done it a thousand times before.

"Yeah it wears off but marijuana can last for like three days and did you see how much they were smoking?"

"Well," I wanted to help them, I didn't want them to get into trouble, "maybe we could do something for them."

"Like what? It's not like we can magically take the marijuana outta their blood stream and..." He stopped. "I got it!"

"What is it?"

"You'll see." He said as he smiled.

We walked until we were at least a block away from the orphanage. I hadn't noticed before but Sean's upper eye was dripping with blood.

"Sean, your eye. It's..."

"Yeah, I know. I'll live."

I smiled. "Your so brave." I complimented.

"Yeah well, I'm only brave when I have to be. When it comes to you or..."

"Or people you like." I finished for him.

He laughed and shook his head slightly. "You like that one chick too." He accused.

"I don't know actually. She's interesting though."

We then turned at the front of the orphanage. Sean stepped in first and quickly ran down the girls dorm hallway before the girls could get in their rooms.

I stayed in the lobby and waited. Even though it was a rule, I didn't feel right walking through the girls hall anyways.

He went in and came out with two uncoordinated girls. They were laughing at the air and falling all over the place.

Sean was barely holding them up. "Shhh." He tried to quiet them down. "Here, take this one." He passed the SnapBack girl over to me as if she were a trading card.

It felt awkward but I oddly liked it. I grabbed her around the waist and held her
close, making sure she wouldn't fall. I've never touched a girl like this before.

"What do we do with them?" I ask.

"We gotta take them to our room. They don't have the key to their room and if they stay out here, they'll surely get busted."

"But it's a rule."

"Kade, can you quit with the rules. You'll survive okay?" He began leading them down the hall of the male dorms and to our room.

"What if we get caught for letting them sleep here?" I ask. I wasn't really looking forward to getting into trouble any time soon.

"We'll just tell the people that they came out for food or something and locked themselves out so we had to take em in. I don't think they have cameras."

That was Sean's only flaw-he shrugged off what he didn't know about like rules and such yet when something unimportant happens that can get him into trouble, he just has to figure it out.

Although a minor flaw, it still bugged me sometimes.

He opened up our room door with the key he'd put in his pocket. Once inside, the girls instantly fell.

Me and Sean looked at each other and sighed.

"Adventure, right?"