Pact

"Alright, guys," Sean started, "we're outta here tonight."

We were all in my room, sitting in a circle on the floor.

"We gotta pack up all of our stuff until then."

"When are we coming back?" Dylan asked him.

"I don't know. But if you agree to do this for your dog, then it shouldn't matter, right?"

Everyone was silent.

"Guys, I'm not sure you're all positive about doing this. You don't have to." Sean pointed out. "Put you're hands in if you're down for it. Once your hand is in, there's no changing your mind." He put his hand in the middle of the circle of boys.

Well, I had to go if he was going anyways so I put my hand on top of his.

Tanner was next. His twin, Conner followed. Justin was quick to join once Conner had put his hand in. He followed him around a lot.

Harry looked around but he was peer pressured into agreeing due to the majority rule.

Dylan was last. Everyone's eyes were focussed on his as he stared into the pile of hands. When he looked up, he realized he was the center of attention.

"Oh, right. Yeah sure." He put his hand in.

I laughed. I knew he was acting like he was planning on agreeing the whole time but we all knew he wouldn't have agreed if the others hadn't.

"Alright then." Sean started. "No turning back. This is an official pact."

We all nodded.

"Good. Now let's pack."

Everyone stood and exited one by one. They knew when to report back here.

They didn't know exactly why we were going back to me and Sean's house but I did.

Sean had told me that we were going back to see Brody and Cody's dad. He said, he was the only doctor he knew. We both know that there are many of other doctors and vets around here but none of us would ever have the money to pay for it.

At least Brody's dad would operate on the dog for free since he knew us.

I was scared to go back though. Mainly because of the journey we'd have to take to get there. What if one of us got sick? What if one of us fell and broke something? We wouldn't be able to do anything.

I was brain storming the worst case scenarios while I stuffed all of my clothes in my suit case.

"Sean, what about food?" I asked.

"Already got it figured out. Imma go down to the food court in a sec and sneak some food back. Extra for the dog too." He explained.

Most of my stress melted at his determined voice. He had it all figured out

I didn't have to worry as much about him forgetting anything. He wouldn't let me get hurt and I knew for sure that he would never ever let anyone get hurt in an act of his own idea.

He was the leader now. The only leader I trusted at that.

"I'll go now actually, just to get it out of the way." He said. "Just stay here and keep packing okay?"

"Yeah, sure."

He left the room without another word, closing the door behind him.

I began packing for another maybe five minutes and I almost finished but something had stopped me. Someone had knocked.

I figured it was Sean but then remembered he had the room key. He wouldn't need to knock.

I was debating on whether or not to answer but then I realized that the others might have come back for something. Maybe they were already done packing.

Taking my chances, I slowly opened it.

SnapBack girl stood, a hand on her hip. Strangest thing about the scene though, was that her sister wasn't with her.

"Uh...hey." I greeted hesitantly.

"Yeah, hi." She muttered as she let herself in.

She shoulder checked me as she walked passed me.

"I want in." She said facing me.

"In?" I asked.

"I know you guys are leaving. I saw all you guys comin' in here and I knew something was up. I caught Dylan alone and grilled him until he cried the truth like a little girl."

"Uh huh." I raised an eyebrow. "You couldn't come with even if I wanted you to. It's Sean's choice. Why would you wanna come anyways?"

"To get away from here. I have family there. They're not very suitable to live with that's why I'm here and not with them but I'll live with anyone to get far away from here." She explained.

I sighed. "Okay well, I would try to get him to let you come bu-" She cut me off instantly when her lips met mine.

I pulled away as soon as I could. "What are you doing?" I yelled.

Of course I liked it but I just figured that she was only kissing me so that I'd talk to Sean for her.

"If you think you can trick me that easy, then you're definitely wrong. I know a tramp when I see one." I spat.

She put a finger up at me. "Uh no you didn't."

"What are you gonna do about it?"

"I..." She stopped and kissed me again.

I didn't want to deny the fact that I liked it very much. I was disgusted at myself when I kissed back.

We kissed and kept kissing with no intention of stopping until the door flew open so hard, that it hit the wall with a thud.