Justin

I managed to follow her inside without her hitting me and we ended up meeting up with Sean in the snack isle.

"Hey, buddy." Sean smirked at the sight of us together and I rolled my eyes and signaled for him not to talk anymore.

He just laughed at the fact of me telling him what to do.

"You guys have fun out there? A little alone time with Mr. Sleepy Head is so exhilarating isn't it?"

"Sure." Echo fixed her attention on the gum. "You two newbies want anything?"

"I'll pass, thanks though. Imma go gather the rest. You two just...stay here." He winked before leaving us alone.

"Why do you call us that?" I asked her after a moments of browsing. "Newbies?"

"You're a newbie aren't you?" She didn't look at me but just snatched up a couple packs of gum.

"Sure but..." I look to my right further down the isle and see Hunter and Justin just kind of wondering. "what about Justin? How new is he to the orphanage?"

She looks down the isle at him. "Him? He's been there longer than any of us."

"Hmm." I say simply. I then leave her side and empty headed, I make my way towards the two.

"Hey, guys." I say simply, trying to target myself more toward Justin. He didn't answer but Hunter did.

"Whats up, kid? How'd you sleep?" He asked. His accent was beginning to settle with me now.

"Fine, you?"

"Eh, a little cramped but, alright. Um..." He looked from the chips at me directly, "you know that everyone that wasn't in the bathroom kinda saw you guys...um lip exchange from the window, don't you?."

Crap!

My face gets hot and I just look down slightly. I wasn't thinking of who all saw. I must have looked like an idiot after she'd kissed me. He chuckles a bit.

"Don't sweat it. It kinda makes you seem cooler. Well, you kinda are. Cooler than any of us guys anyways. I don't think any of us have ever even held hands with a girl." He laughs.

I look up, feeling a bit better. "Really? Not even Tanner?"

I'm not sure why but something about Tanner just screamed player. The way he walked, talked, looked at everyone as if they were his property. Despite his physical appearances though, his personality wasn't like that at all. He was really cool and smart actually.

"Yeah, I know how he seems but none of us have really been in a real relationship. Never had the chance really."

"I have." Justin's words slid into the conversation like silk and my eyes went straight for him.

"You have?" Hunter asked. Even he sounded just a tad surprised that Justin had let himself into the conversation.

"Riley." Justin said. His voice was sort of high pitched but masculine. "Riley Veldrey. Brunette, short, green eyes, perky and kind. Smart, witty, mature, yet silly and childish."

Me and Hunter kind of paused, looked at each other, then looked back towards the backside of Justin's head. He was scanning over the chip brands it looked like.

I stepped up so that I was right beside him. "She has a pretty name." My voice was very quiet for some reason.

Justin looked down at me. "I know." He didn't seem to have expression in his face or voice but still, I felt like I could relate to him. For whatever reason it was, I wanted so bad to be his friend and him, mine.

"Tell me about her please."

Before he could answer, Sean was emerging from the bathroom hall followed by everyone who had been in them - Tanner, Neon, Harry, Conner, the driver and himself.

"Let's go." He says loud enough so that all the rest of us browsing could hear.

"C'mon, you guys." Hunter says, interrupting me and Justin's deep conversation before heading outside and back towards the cab.

Justin looks at me for a second longer before turning away and following Hunter out of the building.

I swear on my life, I had seen something in his eyes that I had never seen from anyone ever. Something I can't even explain. It's like, I've seen that same thing in other people's personalities and from their words but never in them physically.

It was hope I think. Hope from him is like a miracle to me. He's been abused to the point of leaving him with paranoia and flinching problems. I knew that information just from the car ride and his body language.

What he's been through is clearly more than any of us. Not like I knew what we've all been through, I mean, Hunter seems like the happiest boy alive, but I mean, Justin's surely been through so much.

I watch as Conner and Tanner following close behind the rest of the group and out the door. Tanner playfully jumps on Conner's back and he nearly falls forward. Their uproars of laughter can be heard so very clearly as they exit.

I laugh to myself before I feel gentle hands on my shoulders and I look up to see Sean.

"You ready? We're pretty much there." He smiles.

I look out the large window at the group racing to the car and laughing as they go. "Riley Veldrey." I say more to myself as the thought of her runs through my head suddenly.

Sean obviously notices that I'm day dreaming and thinking out loud. "Huh, that's a pretty name." He pushes the door open for me.

"I know."