Snitch

They kept far in front of us as we exited the boys' dorm hallway. We tried walking a bit fast in case others were headed down there.

Newbies. I remembered what Beanie girl had called us. They were definitely here for a long time.

Watching them walk down the food court hall, I realized how badly I'd longed to know their names.

"Hey!" I directed towards them.

Sean glared at me as we walked. He was so intimidated by them, it amused me. I just smiled at him and he rolled his eyes.

The girls didn't respond nor stop but I knew they heard me.

"Hey, stop." I jogged up to them. "What are your names by the way?"

They finally stopped and turned to face me. They crossed their arms at the same time.

"And why should we tell you that?" SnapBack girl asked.

"Well, I'm just wondering that's all. Tell me, yeah?"

She stared me down. "Echo."

"Echo?"

"E-c-h-o. And that's Neon."

"Echo and Neon?" I repeated. "Wow."

She squinted her eyes. "And you?"

"Kaden but I prefer Kade."

"Kade. Wow." She was making fun of me but I still adored when she said my name.

They both turned and walked the last few steps before turning and walking into the food court.

Sean had reached me by then. "What did you ask?"

"Just for their names."

"And?"

"Mines Echo, yours is Neon."

"Oh yeah? Who said I wanted one?" He smirked.

"I know you do. You're whipped." I patted his shoulder and walked over to the line laughing at myself.

The girls had already sat in the table they'd sat at yesterday. There were the same amount of people there had been yesterday too. Our table was unoccupied again.

I liked this. It's like when your the first to sit at a table then it's like claimed. I guess no ones ever sat at that table before.

I glance over at the girls' table after I'd gotten my food and was at my table. They were looking uncaringly at an employee who was talking to them. Next to the man was a kid with black hair and braces.

Echo kept glaring at the boy and he almost looked scared. Sean got up from our table and walked over there before I could stop him. Once he got there, the man and kid had already finished talking to them and were walking away.

I decided to get up and follow him over there.

"What's going on? Did we get caught?" Sean asked when he got there.

Neon looked over at him and gave him a dirty look. "And who said we were friends or that anything we do is any of your business?" She asked, annoyed.

Echo put a hand on her shoulder and silently told her to calm down. She rolled her eyes and pulled out her phone.

"We got caught for being in your room." Echo said simply.

"How? No one even saw." I said.

"That kid heard us I guess." Echo said.

"Who is he?" Sean asked her.

"He's got a room next to yours. He's Dylan. Dunno him much. Don't care to."

"Oh." I was ready to go back and eat. The employee dude didn't talk to me so I didn't really care about all this much. They were used to getting in trouble.

Sean however took a different approach. He actually got mad.

"What a freakin' snitch!" He said. He was growing more angry as he stared at Dylan across the room. He had sat back down after him and the employee guy were through talking with the girls. Now he was just sitting with a couple people eating.

"Sean, don't." I warned.

"Shh." He demanded as he stomped over to Dylan's table.