1

1

Kate:

I've been told since I was a child that I was a breeder and I was always told what I'd be used for, to breed strong heirs for mate-less, higher ups who require an heir.

Breeders have been used for many years now, ever since Alphas and other higher ups found it harder to find their true mates, strong mate-less young women from the age of 16 were then taken and sold to these higher ups. The money made from these sales were given to the fathers of the 16-year-old breeders. I know that it sounds super bad and yes, it sometimes can be, but sometimes, well most times, the breeders are given to men who treat them really well and shower them with gifts, sometimes love and when they are no longer able to breed any more than they were given comfortable lives. So you see, it wasn't all bad.

Anyway, if breeders have sons then they could care for then till they were 5 when they'd be taken for training. If breeders had daughters then the daughters were cared for till they were old enough to help with the house work of the pack house, but once the daughters reach 16 they are assessed to see whether or not they are fit enough to be breeders themselves. If they weren't then they lived out the rest of their lives with their mother and the pack that they were born into as house maids.

Today, I turn 16 and my breeder status gets decided. I am the 6th child of a Beta and his main breeder, my mother. Most higher ups have 2-3 breeders at a time, but some don't and enjoy the company of just one breeder.

My mother was bought at 16 by my father, Arthur and he is the beta to the Willow Pack in Central America. My mother was a virgin, like all other breeders, when my then 24-year-old father bought her at the main breeder auction house in New York. He bought her for $15,000 20 years ago.

My mother went on to supply my father with 8 children over 20 years.

· My brother Si when my mother was 17

· My brother Artie when my mother was 19

· My sister Aliesa when my mother was 21

· My brother Clive when my mother was 24

· My sister Leah when my mother was 27

· Me, Kate, when my mother was 30

· My brother Leo when my mother was 33

· My brother Miles when my mother was 36

My father had another breeder, Marie, he bought her when mum was 23 and not pregnant. Marie was 16 and dad was 32, I know, but mum was pregnant with Clive and dad wasn't getting any, if you know what I mean. Mum cared for Marie like a daughter because by this time mum was 24 and had already had to say goodbye to Si and Artie and Aliesa was 3. Marie got pregnant just after mum had Clive and mum helped her to deliver her triplet boys, but Marie haemorrhaged badly and the doctor couldn't stop it. When the doctors told mum that there was nothing more they could do, they cleaned her up and mum held on to Marie, stroked her hair and kissed her head as she died in her arms. Mum promised Marie that she would care for her sons and she told Marie that they would be fine with her, promising her that everything was going to be okay. Marie closed her eyes and died that night with her face pale as a sheet and blood everywhere. Dad turned up just as Marie died and mum, having cried and watched a woman she treated as a daughter die in her arms, went off at him. She screamed and yelled and made him swear to no more breeders, just her.

Mum raised the three boys after that, keeping her promise to Marie and she even gave them the names that Marie managed to say to mum just before she died. Mitch, Dave and Luke were raised alongside Clive as they were only a few months apart in age, but all 4 were taken away at 5. Mum hated those three boys being taken away more than her own sons because they were her last connection to Marie.

By the time I was born, Si, Artie and Clive had been taken away with the triplets. Aliesa was 9 by the time I was born and was already set to chores, one of them was to help raise the younger ones. I grew up with Leah, who was 3 years older than me and Leo, who was 3 years younger than me. Miles came along when I was 6, so I helped raise him.

I had to say goodbye to Leo when I was 8 and Miles at 11. Aliesa was around till I was 7 and then Leah had to take over her jobs around the house. Aliesa was sold to a neighbouring Beta and now has 3 children, a son and two daughters. Leah wasn't deemed breeder material and now works as a housemaid. Mum is glad that she gets to keep at least one of her daughters.

But back to today, today is my 16th birthday, oh joy, and today my fate is decided.