7

7

Kate:

I really enjoyed my bath, but once the water turned cold, I got out. I wrapped a fluffy white towel around me and got out. The towel was so soft and warm against my wet skin that got hit by the cold the moment I got out of the bath. It had been so warm and so nice, but now it was cold and the bubbles had all died out.

I walked into the bedroom just as a black haired girl walked in. She was in very high heels, a short skirt and a crop top baring her mid-drift. She was plastered in make-up and when she saw that I was in here, her smile dropped and turned to a scowl.

"Oh, you must be the breeder, what's your name?" She asked in a sour, sarcastic voice.

"Kate."

"Well Kate, I don't think you'll be needed. You'll probably be resold soon." She told me in a matter-of-fact voice and looked down at her perfectly manicured hands as if they were more important.

"Oh really, why's that?" It was like my mouth was just talking and saying stuff without my head kicking into gear. I had a real problem with sass and this was my problem coming to light. I really didn't like her and I really didn't like her attitude or the way she dressed and waltzed in here.

"Because I'll be giving the Alpha children and I'll be his Luna and mate." She said in a dreamy little voice like she was imagining her life and dream. "We've been together a while now, on every bit of furniture in here." She said as she looked at all of the pieces of furniture that were in this room and revulsion pitted in my stomach. "So, you won't be needed. Best get ready to leave soon, okay little Katie?" She asked me in a really bitchy voice and she held up and manicured hand at me and waved me off. I crossed my arms and tried not to want to bite this bitch's head off.

"But, what if I told you that Tomas took away my breeder mark because I'm his mate? His true mate, not his past skank." I said with a tone of anger in my voice and my head was swimming. It was like I'd forgotten all of my breeder training.

Ashleigh rounded on me so fast I thought her fake make up was going to fly off. "You lying little bitch." I turned my shoulder towards her and showed her my burned mark. I smirked at her in a small victory. I then covered the mark up again and turned back to her. I could see her face redden in anger under the orange concealer.

"I'm telling the truth, unlike you. Tomas is my mate." She didn't like that I said that and I watched as she stormed over to me, raised her hand and slapped me across my face.

I stared at her in pure and utter shock. I put a hand against my now hot cheek and gaped at her. She had some real nerve. My wolf had been brewing since she first spoke, but now it overflowed and forced me to shift. I hadn't shifted in ages and with this bitch, my wolf was very angry. I don't normally shift, so every time I do it hurts a little.

I felt my bones pull and break to reshape. I felt my muscles morph and my body reform. Parts of it felt like I was on fire and being stretched beyond recognition before being put back together. When my shift was finally over, I was in my wolf form with the keener senses that came along with it. I growled at Ashleigh, who was stood in pure shock, and I stalked towards her, but just as I was about to pounce on her, the bedroom door was opened again and in walked Tomas with an older woman that shared similar characteristics.

Ashleigh cowered behind my mate and told him that the wolf in the room was me. I turned to look at Tomas and he looked at me in shock. I stopped growling and sat down, staring at Tomas.

"Kate?" He asked me. I whined at him and nodded. He came over to me, careful not to startle me and crouched down in front of me. He put a hand up to me and I nudged him, letting him stroke me. "You're a shifter? How?" He asked and I gave him a sideways glance as if to say 'I can't speak' and decided to just shift back. I pulled away from him and grabbed on to the towel that was now on the floor.