26

26

6 MONTHS LATER

"Gentlemen, welcome to the improved and moved Council building." I said to Alister and Uriel as I pushed open the main entrance door to our council building.

We had moved everything over quickly as possible with the most people as possible. Tomas had emptied out the north field for not only the council member's cottages, but also the council building. I had also gotten an interior designer to try to lighten the council building and she had managed to make it so that the ballroom faced towards the rising sun. She had brought in brighter lights, less heavy curtains and a more welcoming entrance hall.

Until today we had taken over the ballroom and as such a lot of pack meetings and parties had been had to be done outside when weather was nice enough. The other council members had had to live in empty housing on the edge of the pack lands and as such, had to be driven into the main house and then home again every single day.

2 months into the move, Uriel and Alister had both plucked up the courage to come to me and ask me, as the Moon Goddess, to help them find their mates because my brother had refused to let them find them. I was sad to hear that my brother would refuse them such a basic right and so I did find them their mates.

It was quick and easy to find Alister's, she actually lived in our own pack and she was about 10 years younger than Alister, had just got out of high school two years ago and she was the meek, timid girl at school. She had long brown hair that hid a lot of her face and she was short too. She now lived with Alister after slowly getting to know him. She had accepted him as her mate instantly, but she had taken her time to move in with him.

Uriel's on the other hand took longer and at the end of it, the discovery was sad. Uriel's mate had gotten into a horrific car accident when she was a child, before puberty and before her wolf came into its powers of healing and as such, she was paralyzed from the waist down, unable to have children and had a lot of medical requirements; not that Uriel cared. He loved her from the moment he saw her and if she called, he came running. He also allowed his in laws to move packs and come with their daughter. I didn't know any man who would live with his in laws by choice, but he did and he even hired carers, nurses and helpers for her. I know that Uriel wanted children, but he hadn't talked to his mate about it and he knew that they couldn't have biological children, but he knew that they could adopt. The reason that it took longer to find Uriel's mate was because she couldn't shift and so her parents sent her to a human high school in the middle of a woodland town. They were part of the pack in terms of they went to meetings, but they didn't live in the pack and so feeling them out was harder. Uriel's mate also wasn't as in touch with her wolf as other wolves, she kind of dampened her down.

The cottages had also been moved over, but Uriel asked, considering his mate and her parents, if he could stay in the house he had been temporarily possessed and I said sure.

Alister and his mate, Clara, had moved into the cottage that Alister had lived in before, but the cottage that Uriel once owned was turned into another guest cottage for people who came to visit the council from far away and the guest cottage I had lived in was again turned into a guest cottage.

"It's so much..." Alister started to say as he looked around at the re-designed ballroom with the council chairs at the back on the stage.

"Brighter." Uriel said in awe as he looked to the back of the room and he could actually see the council chairs from the entrance whereas before they were bathed in darkness.

"Gentlemen, let's get to work." I said as we walked towards the back door and went into our separate changing rooms.

During our lunch break, which we ate in a corner of the ballroom on a table fit for four, Tomas came bursting through the ballroom doors followed by his Beta, Head Warrior and one of the security men for the council building.

I swallowed my piece of chicken and stared at Tomas, worry filling every particle of my body. I stood as Tomas and the other men strode in towards us.

"Tomas, what is it?" I asked and you could cut the tension in the air with a knife.

"Rebel packs."

"Rebel packs?" Uriel asked.

"Yes, remember a couple of months ago we had rumours and whispers that some packs out there that were unhappy with your idea against the breeder program when you were Kate, had gotten really agitated when you were found to be Selene." Tomas said to me.

"Yes, but I thought that the work we had been doing to show that these changes were slowly going to happen had dampened them down and the proof we had given them that these breeders were actually shifters with muted inner wolves had made many of them think they could find their mates." I said, my heart beating a bit faster.

"It did work, on about 30% of those who were up in arms, but those who remained up in arms just went into hiding apparently. They have been gathering resources, fighters, followers and have been inciting more anger against you." Tomas' Head Warrior told me.

"So now what's happening?" Alister asked as he got to his feet with Uriel.

"They are preparing to go to war...against Selene." The Head Warrior told me. "There are many of them and they are coming here...to kill you."

"Well," I said as I walked out from behind the lunch table and towards Tomas, my long red dress swaying around on the floor. "Then we go to war, right men?"

"Right." Alister and Uriel said with the same steely conviction I had.

"Rally the forces, call our comrades to arms and gather them here. We are going to end this Breeder Program and end this War."

FIN