4

4

Tomas:

To say I was shocked would be an understatement, I'd always been told that they couldn't have mates and I did wonder and worry what many people would say and think about Katelyn and our very unusual predicament. I didn't know what to say to her or if I should admit out unusual predicament. She was mine, in more ways than one and I wondered how my father would react, not only to the whole 'mate' thing, but also towards the fact I'd just spent 2.5 million dollars. I wonder if she can feel the connection also.

I bundled her into my black Jeep and my security detail started the car up. I got in next to her and I shifted uncomfortably from being so close to her. She buckled up and I followed suit, nodding to the driver to go.

"Katelyn –"

"Kate." She quickly said interrupting me and then her eyes widened a bit before she looked down again. "Sorry Alpha." She mumbled.

"No it's okay." I smiled at her and her firey spirit. I liked that she wasn't shy and timid. "So Kate, would you like to play 20 questions? So that we can get to know each other?" I asked and she looked up at me puzzled.

"Isn't everything you need to know about me in my pack?" She asked as she stared at the folder I'd been given along with her.

"Not everything and anyway, I want to hear it from you, not a piece of paper." Again she stared at me puzzled. "So, you're the 3rd Daughter of Beta Pine, do you have many siblings?"

"7 by my mother and 3 by Marie."

"Many boys?"

"Yes 7, all taken at 5." She said sadly.

"Are you the first girl to be sent away?"

"No, second. My sister Aliesa was sold to a Beta and my sister Leah wasn't breeder material."

"Did you enjoy your childhood?"

"Certain aspects." She mumbled, using her long blonde hair as a barrier against me and her.

"What didn't you like?"

"Watching my brothers and sisters being taken away and how my mother would cry over them." She said as she stared out of the window. "Shouldn't I be asking you questions too?"

"Yes, please do."

"How old are you?"

"21, and you're 16?"

"Yes, as of today." She mumbled.

"Happy Birthday."

"And you're the Alpha of the Riverrun pack in the North West?"

"Yes."

"Were your parents mates?"

"No, my father searched, but gave up and bought my mother. I get to visit her a lot now that my training has ended."

"How many siblings do you have?"

"6, 3 girls and 3 boys." I told her. "The girls are all off either with mates or as a breeder."

"Did you not want a mate? You're very young to choose a breeder."

"I did, I do, but finding her seemed difficult, that is..."

"What? Did you find her?"

"Yes, at the auction."

"Well why didn't you go talk to her?"

"I bought her." She stopped and stared at me. She was speechless, I could see that in the way that she kept opening her mouth as if to speak and then closing it again, sort of resembling a fish. She looked at me with her beautiful silvery grey eyes and they were widened at me. I then watched those beautiful eyes roll back into her head and she passed out, resting her head against the window. "That went better than expected."