24

24

As planned, Tomas left the next morning with my parents and half of our entourage, the other half having to unfortunately drive back to the pack. Tomas left me with his best guard, Christine, who was now sleeping in the spare bedroom of my cottage.

My parents did their best to take the strange new arrangements and news in their stride and promised to come see me soon. It was a lot of changes for them to take in such a short space of time, but they had accepted I was the Goddess Selene and that I was now running the council.

Once Tomas had gone back to our pack, I set about reading my brother's chronicles and learning about all that he had done; most were wicked and don't get me wrong, churned my stomach a little, but here and there he showed kindness and mercy; probably trying to win favour so as not to be overthrown.

Also as promised, within a week of me taking over the council, Tomas sent Ashleigh, kicking and screaming I might add, to me with the council jet. He sent a letter on with her and explained that he would have sent her sooner, had there not been tantrums, fights and general catch up with the pack to deal with.

Ashleigh arrived to the council house by car, her arms crossed tightly over her chest in anger and defiance as she was escorted into the now almost brightly lit ballroom (one of the many rooms to undergo transformation). She was still dressed the same as I remember her, in hot pants, a tank top that bared her midriff and her ample cleavage and stripper shoes that I would break an ankle in.

Her heels clanked against the marble floor, freshly cleaned and redone after being cracked and stained with blood from my fight. Her lips were pursed angrily and although she tried to remain cold and ambivalent, her eyes screamed out that she was terrified.

She was escorted, by one of the guards, to the small table I had put just in front of the stage and the council members chairs. However, today, it was just me in here as Ashleigh was not here to see the council, but to see me.

She stared up at me in defiance and I rose from the oak chair I was sat in to descend the few steps from the main stage to the table where she now sat. I was dressed in a long, lace white vintage dress that fell to the floor and dragged a little behind me. It had long sleeves and covered my cleavage. My hair, usually up in a ponytail, was down with strands from the sides of my face pulled back behind my head in a clip.

"Why did you bring me here?" Ashleigh asked, her voice curt and clipped.

"To talk."

"I'm not sorry for what I did."

"I know, but I also know your mother has been a driving force behind why you do what you do."

"How did you – it doesn't matter why, I know that Tomas is meant to be with me, not some breeder." Ashleigh couldn't hide the sneer in her voice. I was unsure of Ashleigh's full past and the full reason behind why she had such hatred for breeders.

I sighed as I felt the hatred in her heart, but also the hurt. I felt her worry, her indignation, but also her un-surety that all she had done was correct and I could tell that that small voice was from her wolf. I knew it was always hard for someone when they fought with their wolf and add in her crazed mother, I could slightly understand why Ashleigh was the way she was.

I waved my hand and with a blinding light, a chair formed on the other side of the table in front of Ashleigh and she jumped back in shock. Her eyes were wide as they looked over me and watched as I sat in the conjured chair.

"What the hell?!" She screeched, her voice echoing in the empty room.

"I should explain." I said as I crossed my legs and placed my clasped hands on my lap. "It would seem that I am the living embodiment of the Moon Goddess, Selene, and that is why I have a wolf. I won't bore you with my past life details, but just know that what I say is true and that is why, I do not hold any anger towards you.