14

The next morning, way before the sun even came up, all four of us were bundled into our respective SUVs and ready to head to the first pack. The first pack, the Hollow Pack, about 6 hours away from ours was expecting us just after breakfast and so we had to set out early. 

Yawning, I strapped myself into the car and smiled at Tomas as he climbed in the driver's side. I did not have a licence and so I did not know hot to drive. Tomas had talked about getting my lessons and letting me learn, but this would have to come first. 

Tomas led the way and my father followed in his SUV with my mother sat beside him. It was a very long journey and we had to stop a few times for the usual food, toilet breaks and the need to stretch out legs. I hadn't been on a long journey since I was bought. 

We arrived at the Hollow pack at around 11am and I opened the car door, sliding down on to the gravelled driveway and stretched. My back clicked a little and out of the front door came the Alpha. I knew it was the Alpha from the way he looked and acted. This man radiated power and his anger was electrifying; it cracked through the air. 

"Is this true?" He asked, storming over to Tomas and slamming a piece of paper, with a printed letter on it, into Tomas' hand. Tomas read it over and then handed it to me. I read it over and sighed as I read it. Even though it wasn't signed it didn't a genius to realise who had written this. 

"Oh for goodness sake!" I huffed. "I will kill Ashleigh when we get home!" I growled our and then turned towards the huffing and puffing Alpha. "Alpha Reed, can we please go into your office and discuss this?" I asked in a placating tone of voice and he seemed to consider me before nodding curtly and leading the way into his office. "Wait here." I say to my parents before following him to his office. 

In Alpha Reed's office we sat in the chairs in front of his desk and he sat behind it, but as he stared at us I could tell that he was very unhappy because of the letter and I sighed as scenarios played through my mind of what I would like to do to Ashleigh right now. 

Alpha Reed looked to be in his early 30s and he had short brown hair, dark eyes that were almost black and he had a few scars on his bulging arms, which pulled against his tight white tee as he crossed his arms behind his desk. He had a few personal photos in his office of a young woman. He raised a cut eyebrow at me and waved his hand to indicate for me to begin. 

"Well the letter has some inaccuracies, but there are some correct aspects such as I was a breeder and my mother still is a breeder, but I am a born shifter. When I was sent to the market, Tomas bought me and it turned out that he is my mate. Tomas burned off my breeder mark and marked me as his mate." I explained as I pulled down the next of my t-shirt to reveal my mate mark, which was the shape of a crescent moon. I looked down at the letter that was sent to Alpha Reed and sighed I continued to read. "I am not here to rally your breeders and turned them against you, but I am here to talk to them. I want to see both the good and the bad that happens to these breeders and see if I can't change aspects of the breeder law. I am just here to talk to you and your breeders, if you'll let me because I just want to change parts of it because I know that if this law is completely gone our numbers will dwindle significantly. Yes I admit that according to my breeder file I was put down as very powerful and should only be bought by an Alpha, but that's because I had a wolf. I did not force Tomas to bring me here, he had come willingly and this letter was written by a spiteful and jealous young girl who is in love with my mate and cannot seem to accept that he is with me." I explained and I got the sinking feeling that I would be explaining this to a lot more Alphas as this journey continued on.

Alpha Reed seemed to consider me and take in everything that I had said to him before looking at Tomas who nodded as if to say that everything I was saying was true. Reed looked back at me again before taking back the letter he had given to us and crumpling it up.