15

A young woman, I'd say around 20, answered the door timidly and she had a security chain on. From what I could see of her she had mousy brown hair up in a bun and was in the normal breeder clothing.

"Yes?" She asked.

"Hi, I'm Kate and this is my mum. I was hoping we could come in and talk to you."

"About?"

"Well about your breeder situation." The young woman looked over my mum and could see that she was in the same clothing as she was. She looked at me and then around us to make sure that it was just us; when she was satisfied she shut the door and pulled off the security chain before reopening the door, but this time wider. She moved out of the way and let us in.

We walked into the small apartment and the young woman shut the door behind us. There was a medium length hallway that led to a horizontal hallway. There was a door to the left and it was open, revealing the kitchen. Parallel to the kitchen was another door, but this was closed. We walked down the hallway towards the other hallway. Towards the end of the hallway, where the two hallways meet, was another door on the left and there were pink bunk beds in this room. The door on the right was open as well and in here was a baby boy in a crib. He was asleep and the young woman pulled the door closed. Along the horizontal hallway, towards the end was the living room and just before you reached the living room, there was the master bedroom.

The place was decorated in a beige colour with brown carpet everywhere except the tiled kitchen and probably the bathroom. There were very few pictures in the living room and they were mostly of the three children that lived here. Two little girls, one looked to be about 8 and the other about 5, and the little boy, who was probably only a few months old. There was a small, two seater sofa in the living room with a few wooden chairs in here too. There was a small round coffee table and a small TV in a stand across from the sofa. The windows were covered by white curtains that were a little stained.

My mother and I took the wooden chairs while the young woman took the sofa. She placed her hands on her lap and stared down slightly, a true submissive stance. I looked at my mum and she nodded at me, urging me to go on.

"Well as I said, I'm here to talk to you about your breeder situation. I was a breeder and my mum still is, but I am going pack to pack to learn about other breeders before I go to the council to ask them for help." I pulled out a notepad and pen.

"You were a breeder?" She asked me.

"Yes, I was sold to my Alpha, but it turned out I was his mate and so now I am a Luna because I actually have a wolf."

"Oh, so you're no longer a breeder?"

"No, can I ask you your name?"

"Tara-Lee."

"And how old are you, Tara-Lee?"

"I'm 22."

"Were you born in this pack or brought here?"

"I was brought here when I was 16."

"Who brought you here?"

"A warrior by the name of Argus Rowen."

"How come you are living here in the flats rather than with him?" Tara-Lee looked down at her hands and looked sad.

"He found his mate about 6 months ago, while I was pregnant with Scott and she couldn't accept me or my children."

"So what will happen to your daughters? Will they go into the breeder program?"

"No, their father has disowned them and hasn't seen them since he moved us over here. My girls won't be forced into the breeder program."